Chapter 2

Sia entered the room first and I hungrily took in the decor of the office. It was mind blowing, and a bit cliché too. White marbled floor with sleek black marble furniture and a gorgeous skyline on the side.

Sia cleared her throat and greeted the boss who didn't lose any time to reply.

"Good morning Miss Forest."

His deep voice sent a new round of butterflies in my belly and I had to fight the urge to just turn around and run. His voice was scary and it was not helping my anxiety at all.

"Miss Taylor is here." She sounded so formal and I felt awkward. She didn't seem like my Sia.

"Sure. You may resume your duty now, Ms Forest. And please on your way inform Miss Philips that no one is to disturb me. And I need the files for MK Trading in about one hour." He dismissed her immediately and Sia nodded and turned away, not before squeezing my hand.

I took a deep breath, put on my big girl panties and smiled brightly.

"Hello."

"Good morning Miss Taylor. Have a seat." His voice was so formal, it was hurting my ears.

I pulled my skirt down and seated in front of him, which allowed me to get a glimpse of his face.

And damn. What a face it was!

With cheekbones sharp enough to cut steel, a jaw that defined and an aristocratic nose, he was the definition of handsome. I felt like I was staring at an Abercrombie model.

He slowly got up and my eyes widened. He was around 6,2 ft. His hair was styled on one side and his eyes were dark brown, intense. That man was indeed an epitome of sex.

He had nice sexy lips and his nose seemed a bit crooked. He didn't have even a scar or stubble on his face and I was speechless. I saw his mouth moving and his teeth showed themselves. They were whiter than milk and the way his tongue came out to moisten the lips was so hypnotizing.

"CV? Curriculum Vitae? Your résumé?" He sighed and ran a hand in his hair.

"Sorry sir?" I managed to break my trance.

"I asked for your curriculum vitae now for the 5th time now, Ms Taylor." He said firmly.

"Now please don't take offense to my words." He started as he came around the table and leaned on his desk. He unbuttoned his cuff and rolled his sleeves.

"Are you blind?" He asked me and I gasped.

"Excuse me?" I gasped, colour rushing into my cheeks.

"I did ask you to not take offense on my words." He raised his thick eyebrows. "We do have special facilities for employees who are blind and deaf."

"You cannot talk to me like that Mr Wright." I replied in the most professional tone I could. Why would he assume I was blind?

"How?"

I wanted to beat his smug face onto the table. "You cannot talk to me like I'm retarded or stupid."

"Well you did prove that yourself by getting on an elevator which clearly screamed private."

"I would rather be on time Mr Wright. Now that I think of it, it was just a huge waste of time." I smiled tightly.

"Sorry to have wasted your time as well as mine Mr Wright. I no longer want this job. Thank you for considering me."

"Excuse me?"

"Can you please hand me back me C.V?" I asked him.

"The interview is not yet over Ms Taylor and I suggest you tone down your sarcasm if you want this job." He sighed and ran a hand in his hair again.

I bit my lips, contemplating for how long I'd be in jail if I assaulted him.

"You are highly qualified for this position, and therefore I presume congratulations is in order.

I frowned, he was giving me the job?

"What?" I sucked in my cheeks.

"Yeah you heard me right, you got the job now could you please return to your seat to discuss your pay and working hours?" He said calmly.

I looked at him in the eyes and almost expected him to say that he was kidding and I could go to hell. But he was serious.

I stayed silent. Not sure if he was going to laugh at me.

"So Ms Taylor," he said as if testing the name in his tongue and the way my name rolled off his tongue sent shivers to my whole body.

"I appreciate the fact that you did everything in your ability to be punctual. But, that doesn't mean that you should break a rule."

I lowered my eyes as if embarrassed but I still didn't tell him anything.

"I, by any means, I repeat, I should be respected." Woah, this man liked the respect. I just nodded as if urging him to continue.

"For your job, I would like you to do my personal errands as well as professional ones. You should be very quick to take note of things, which reminds me, why are you not taking notes while I speak?" I looked at him dumbfounded. Was he serious?

I quickly took out a piece of paper and my pen and started jotting down points. Why so strict?

"You are required to come to work half hour before everyone and leave half hour later. You start as from Monday. This is a one year contract and you are requested to study it overnight and sign it for tomorrow," he said while handing me some binded papers.

He also handed me another booklet," Here are the rules that you should abide by when working in this company. Working for me means knowing a lot of private things regarding my business. I also need you to sign a NDA on Monday."

"Sure." I shrugged because that made sense. What if I turned out to be a spy for the competitor?

"By the time your office will be ready, your desk will be beside mine. You'll be sent a new mobile phone and laptop for professional uses."

"I do have a phone and a laptop." I said.

"For professional use only, Ms Taylor."

He dismissed me and I walked down the corridor. I saw Sia perched on her desk talking to another girl and her eyes gleamed when she saw me.

Without being able to shut my mouth, I squealed that I got the job.

"Really?" She hugged me tightly. "I'm so happy for you Nova. I told you he is not as bad as you think."