Chapter 1

Shining over the buildings in the town, in a dark alley that had been touched with the rays of the sun was a pile of clothes. Some were used and filthy while others were thrown out. Under the pile of fabric and filth was two children; one was young and had cat - like ears while the other was a little older and had long hair. The children slept in the filth for as long as they could remember but one day, the youngest fell sick and could not rest easily so they both left the alley to search for shelter and food, in desperate need to help the young.

As they travelled, only wearing what the alley gave them they found an abandoned house. The windows where boarded up and the garden was overgrown by weeds which transformed it into a jungle. Some of the paintwork was coming off and the bricks was noticable. To them, it was perfect. No one would enter a house like that which they would stay in.

As the eldest lay his brother down on what looked like a bed he checked for some sign of the illness and if it could be cured easily. His brother only had a cold and due to them never being sick till now, the eldest was worried and went out for things that he thought would help him with his cold. This meant stealing clothes and other other wearable items to keep his brother warm.

His younger brother, still sick, was being left at home at times when the oldest was out. But thankfully, the brother brought home two all-in-one suits for them, one orange and the other was redish purple. This prolonged the cold since all his body was covered. They was happy that it was working - even if it was short term. However, it was fated for him to fall sick. After a few days the police caught a hold on the missing clothes case and came to find the home the two stayed at.

They explored the house and found them in the bed with the oldest holding the sickly brother in his arms. "Wake up!" One of them shouted and the oldest opened his eyes, "Who?" He rubbed his eyes and got out of bed tucking the other in, "Who are you kid? And who is he?" They questioned, "I am VooDoo and this is my Younger brother, Whisper." Whisper opened his eyes at the sound of his name and saw men who he didn't know in their room.

"VooDoo? What's going on?" Whisper asked, confused and terrified. VooDoo calmed him down and told the police to leave. But they remained. "Why did you steal?" The men asked and Whisper cluctched his brother's hand. "W-we're sorry. We won't do it again." Whisper apologized and hugged his brother's arm. "Just rest." VooDoo freed his arm and privately talked with the police. When he came back he fed his brother some medicine and left the home to an orphanage.