Wait..whuuut? No..

"I'm kidding," he assured me. And then we just sort of lay there for a bit..not speaking. I closed my eyes trying to get to sleep, but something in me just made me want to tell him. It wasn't even that bad, wasn't it? I mean, it's not like they actually did it..they just tried. Or maybe they didn't even try, maybe I imagined it. I was that shit faced when I got back I fell asleep on the whore's kid, it probably didn't even happen. But..no I had the bruises. I was so confused. I hated this.

"They tried to do it," I whispered and Chris' eyes snapped open. He looked at me and moved closer.

"Do what?"

"What Dad did,"

"Who?"

"The guys in the alley," i said quietly. "After I hurt Kat and ran out. There was guys and they tried to,"

"Oh God, Hunter.." he cried and pulled me into his chest. He hugged me really tight but not like he was trying to hurt me, it was like he was trying to make me feel better. But it was weird cause it kinda worked and it felt nice. And I didn't like people holding me.

He pulled away and cupped my face. "They just tried, right? Right? They didn't actually-"

"No," I whimpered. "They just left and-"

"And?"

"Gave me something,"

"Do you know what it was?" I shook my head.

"Kat knows," I whispered. "She said I was high..but I don't know what means,"

"Did she help you?"

"I woke up with her,"

"Why didn't she tell me?"

"I asked her not to," I admitted. "I didn't want you to be mad..cause I always make you mad and I don't like making you mad and-"

"Shh," he chuckled. "I'm not mad, ok? I'm just worried. I don't want you running off because you could get hurt..you don't wanna get hurt, do you?" I shook my head and he kissed me forehead. "Then don't run off ok? There are a lot of bad guys out there, and if you're on your own then I can't keep you safe,"

"Ok," I promised. "Can you stay with me?"

"Of course I will,"

-

( Kat )

"Promise me that if Hunter ever gets high again, you'll come straight to me? I don't want him getting hurt. Did you ever think of where he got the drugs from? He was almost hurt really bad that night, Kat. I'm not mad at your, I just wanna be able to trust you with these things,"

"I'll tell you," I said quietly. It was obvious that Chris was upset, and I didn't blame him. It had been over a week since Hunter came back home with the munchies, high as hell. But I promised him I wouldn't tell anyone. I dunno why, I guess I just felt sorry for him.

Chris ruffled my hair. "Good. Now will you go get the kid? Dinner's ready and we've got some news,"

"Sure,"

I turned away from Chris and made my way upstairs. Hunter was probably gonna kill me for walking into his room, but I didn't care. I'd helped him out that night, and the other night he was outside and scared, he owed me. But then..I wouldn't hold it over him. He had enough problems.

"Hunter?" See? I was being civilized. I knocked. He didn't answer though, so I knocked again. And yup, still no answer. I didn't even bother with a third time, I just walked in and- "What the hell are you doing?"

Before he could do anything, and I mean ANYTHING, I ran over and tackled him to the floor. PTSD or not, I wasn't gonna let him hurt himself more. I grabbed the razor blade out of his hand and resisted the urge to slap him in the face. What the hell was he thinking?

"Fuck off Kat!"

"You fuck off! What the hell is this?!"

"Just give it back!"

"No! I'm not letting you do this to yourself!"

"Give it back!"

"No!"

He reached for the blade, so I ran. I ran as fast as I freaking could. I ran down the stairs, down the hallway and into the kitchen, where I ran straight to Chris before facing a frantic Hunter. He was staring directly at me, a death glare. It was pretty scary but still more cute than scary. Awh, he was trying to be scary but his cuteness overpowered. Awhhhh...

"Hi Hunter," Mom smiled. And then he glared at her, which I didn't understand. He thought my Mom was a whore which was crap. She wasn't a whore. I think Hunter just wanted Chris to himself.

"Take a seat kid," Chris grinned. "We've got some news,"

"Wait," I whispered to Chris as Hunter went to sit down. Holding my hand out, his eyes opened in shock. "It's not mine..I walked in and Hunter had it,"

"Has he used it?"

"No but there are marks..I think he's done it before,"

"Yeah he has," he admitted. "Thanks Kat, I appreciate it."

I gave him a small smile as he took the razor away from me and put it in the bin without Hunter noticing. I went down to sit next to my Mom and Chris next to Hunter.

"So what's the news guys?" I asked.

"Well-"

"Nothing," Chris said quietly. "We'll tell them another day Lisa. It's not a good time,"

And that's when I realized it was obviously something serious between Chris and my Mom; something that Hunter wouldn't like. I was getting sort of annoyed with him now. I knew how much he'd been through but he was ruining my Mom's relationship.

"What?" He demanded, realizing I was staring.

I just shrugged. What was I supposed to say? I hate you? It was sort of true but not completely. I hated how he acted, but I knew he had reasons. Ugh, he was so confusing.

"Whatever," he muttered.

"Hey Hunter?"

"What?"

I smiled at him as i leaned back. "Fuck you,"

"Fuck you too,"

And then, I was pretty sure he smiled back.

-

{ AN } Ohgosh...sorry for not uploading. Gabe tried to kill himself, so um, had to be there for him and shtuff¬¬ don't worry, he's fine. Well not really. I gave him tonsillitis last night, so we're both ill as fuck. But it was so his fault. I told him to stay away from me cause it's contagious, and he stayed in bed with me feeding me ice cream all day. So um, not my fault.

Anyways, wooo they hate each other now! This is almost over..probably 5 or so chappies left. Hope you've enjoyed, love you bitches<3