Challenge

Wrote up to this point in a span of 24 hours. I have no life. ( '༎ຶㅂ༎ຶ') Also more of my husbando!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Returning to school the following Monday I struggled to hide all the 'love bites' Uzu had left on me.

"They're not visible, trust me." He chuckled.

"How do you know you can't even see," I growled making him laugh as he wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Just eat your lunch." I groaned as we avoided all the clubs running around in attempts to defeat Ryuko Matoi.

"Your club isn't gonna attempt to fight Matoi?" He turned to me.

"Nah, not interested in being a three-star, remember?" I shrugged as I picked up a piece of sushi from my lunch plate.

"Besides everyone seems to be doing well." I chuckled as another club was brought down.

"This is gonna take a while." He leaned back.

"You're telling me."

>  >  >

"What's up, Satsuki?" I asked entering the empty council room.

"I want you to challenge Ryuko Matoi to a match." She replied.

"What?" I exclaimed.

"You heard me." She sipped her tea.

"Sorry, but I can't do that. I've got no beef with her." I shook my head.

"If you don't want to be demoted to a no-star which will most likely result in the end of your current relationship." She threatened. My eyes widened at the sudden hostile behavior from my friend. Pursing my lips I nodded,

"Alright, I'll do it." I nodded before walking out.

.  .  .

Ryuko reacted in a positive manner after I challenged her and explained it was nothing personal, this led to my current situation.

Bouncing the ball I ignored the cheers of the people within the stadium. Uzu had tried to talk me out of it but immediately stopped when I told him it was requested by Satsuki.

~Tweet!~ The whistle sounded. Tossing the ball up I took three steps forward, jump and I looked around for an open spot. 

'Her left' 

And impact. I hit the ball which made contact with the floor. The stands were filled with loud cheers. Grabbing the ball again I repeated the steps only this time she managed to return it.

'It's probably that Kamui'

Hitting it back she spiked it which made it past me. We get three hits just like a regular game only difference is that its one-on-one.

'Damn it' I stared wide-eyed. Going on we finally made it match point but at our skill set, we went above the usual, 201-201. 

'Whoever got this last point will be the winner.'  I breathed wiping away my sweat I was on high alert at this point and for some reason, I didn't feel so good. Setting up for a monster spike I took my steps and used all my force.

"Damn!" Ryuko yelled as she received the ball which spun in her balled up wrists

"Damn!" Ryuko yelled as she received the ball which spun in her balled up wrists. Licking my lips I stared as she managed to send it back to me which I received but my aim was off and it sent the ball out of limits.

'No!' My eyes widened as I ran towards it and jumped sending it back to Ryuko. Landing on the benches I was quick to get up only to slip on my now injured knee. Fighting through the pain I got up and ran back to the court.

 Fighting through the pain I got up and ran back to the court

Ryuko set up for a spike which I set up to receive but I was too late it only managed to touch my wrist before bouncing behind me.

(Focus on the S2 ep 24 one. Also spoilers! for Haikyuu)

'I lost...' I froze.

'I lost.' The words echoed through my head like a broken record player. The world started spinning around me before I collapsed.

"(Y/n)!" I heard Uzu call out to me, struggling I tried to open my eyes but I only caught glimpses of people running towards me before I passed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arctic Monkeys now das sum gud shit 👌🏻 Also I totally recommend you watch Haikyuu sorry if I spoiled anything for anyone ❤️