FOURTEEN

"A very merry Christmas to the Andrews house hold!" I smiled with two presents in hand. "I thought you gave Archie his presents already?" Fred held a coffee up to his lips sipping it.

"Actually, one's for you Mr. Fred Andrews, and the other, Vegas." I set down the wrapped tool box with the new wallet. "Who's a god boy Vegas?" I pat his head before Archie came down stairs. "Hey," Archie pecked my lips. "Well go ahead Fred. I didn't really know what to get you, so-"

"It's the thought that counts Macy. Thank you, for everything. You making my son happy is the best thing I could ask for." Fred rose his cup to me making me smile. "So, Archie. You gonna give her that other present?" Fred smiled once again.

"Um, yeah. Macy, you are the worlds best girlfriend a guy could ask for and even though we had a bit of a falling out you still stuck by my side. You where there to knock some sense into me when I was wrong and told me up front what I was doing wrong. When dad got shot and I yelled at you for you to get out and leave me alone, you did the one thing that I wanted. You stayed. When I told you I loved you, I was so happy you didn't feel pressured to say it back. Which meant you were comfortable with me, thank God. Anyways, any guy would be lucky to come across a girl like you, so I want to give you this so no other guy could steal you," Archie took out a box and opened it showing a diamond ring. It was a simple band with rhinestones on it.

"This is a promise ring. A promise to never hurt you or break your heart. To nurture every moment we have together. To be by your side when you need me most. To marry you when-" I didn't let Archie finish as I kissed him with happy tears running down my face. "Oh, Archie. Of course." Archie slid the ring on my left hand ring finger. "I love you Archie Andrews."

"Well, I wouldn't want this any other way. Welcome to the family future Andrews. Now you take care of that ring. It's his mothers." Fred brought me into a hug.

"I can't wait to tell Ronnie, or Betty. And Reggie! I also have to tell Kevin. Because he'll kill me if  I don't. I have to tell my mom!"

"Bet Dylan O'Brien couldn't do better than that." Archie smirked kissing my cheek. "No one can do better than us Archie."

...

Break was over and the black hood was already caught, him being Mr. Svenson. Riverdale was back to it's regular boring town drama when the usual gang was sitting in the school lounge.

"Emails have been sent out, but effective immediately. South Side high school is shutting down. And it's students will be transferred to other schools in the district, including this one. I believe the statement we're releasing," Principle Wetherbee was tuned out now by Veronica's voice, "Okay, guys, let's not overreact."

"What, what does that mean?" Archie asked sitting up straight. "It mean's Jughead is coming back." Betty answered quickly. "Betty, are you ready for that?" Kevin questioned.

"Of course. We're fine." Betty sent a look to Archie then back at Kevin. "But, why is this happening now?" Archie asked, landing a hand on my thigh.

"Who knows. It's probably some bizarre, Byzantine town ordinance we couldn't possibly understand." Veronica shrugged, "And in the meantime, let's receive these exiles as if they were our own flesh and blood. Who's in?"

"I'm excited to meet Jugheads friends." I smiled intertwining Archie's and I's hand.

...

"Everyone's been acting weird lately. From Archie to Veronica and Betty." I fumbled with my hands as Reggie threw the ball into the hoop in Riverdale highs gym.

"Well, have you asked them?" Reggie brushed a hand through his sweaty hair.

"Well, no." I mumbled. Reggie sent me a 'there's the problem' look.

"Don't look at me like that. No one will talk to me. Archie gave me a promise ring and he hasn't told me anything. Doesn't that promise he'd tell me everything?" Reggie looked at me quickly, "He what?"

"Promise ring, Reginald." I put my hand out to show him the band of metal that used to belong to his mom. Reggie grabbed my hand looking at it. "Wow. Big step." Reggie huffed before throwing me the ball. "Yeah, but worth it." I dazed as the memory came back to me.

...

"Welcome to your new school!" Veronica smiled at the southside serpents. "I've set up a registration desk, where you can get your locker assignments, class schedules, and a list of sports and extracurriculars. We encourage each and everyone of you to drink deeply into the cup that is fair Riverdale."

"Stand down, Eva Peron!" Cheryl yelled walking down the stairs with Reggie following her with the rest of the cheer squad.

"Oh God." I sighed. "Cheryl. No one invited Fascist Barbie to the party." Veronica snapped turning around. "Wrong, Veronica, no one invited Southside scum to our school. Listen up, Ragamuffins. I will not allow Riverdale high's above average GPA to suffer because of classrooms that are overcrowded with underachievers." Cheryl shouted so everyone can here her.

"So please, do us all a favor and find some other school debase with your hardscrabble ways." Cheryl clapped her hands together with a sarcastic smile. "Why don't you come over here and say that to my face?" A girl with pink and brown hair hissed.

"Happily queen of Buskers." The two stepped forward before I got in front of the serpent. "Okay, guys." Archie stepped in between us. "Everyone, can we just put our northside-southside differences apart and start over, a new slate?"

"You don't speak for the bulldogs, Andrews. And need I remind you, these greaser-snakes showed up at your place trying to kick your ass." Reggie stated glaring at the serpents.

"Glad to finish what we started." The boy who challenged the fight at Archies house stepped up. "Okay, no. Why don't we calm down, big fella." I pat his shoulder holding him back from Reggie.

"God, I am so over the toxic masculinity in this hallway right not." Veronica said, obviously angry. After that the Principle sent everyone to class before Cheryl and Archie where speaking to echother.

...
A/N: I'm so sorry I haven't been updating as usual. At the moment schools started and I'm currently trying to catch up with the book. Nonetheless thank you guys for all the love and support I've been getting on this series. I promise to make you all proud with the ending of this book! Enjoy!!!