NINE

"Riverdale's best and brightest, huh?" Alice looked at everyone which included everyone that was at Nicks party and their parents. "Alice, thank you for hosting." Mayor McCoy said smiling at Betty's mom.

"Of course, Mayor McCoy. When I heard what happened at Nick's party, I decided we should all come together to deal with this motley crew of liars, dope-fiends, and fornicators. Excpet for my Betty, who was smart enough to leave the party. Along with Macy. I'll be covering for Ms. Martinez. They both left before it descended into free for all. And thank goodness Macy took Archie with he-"

"Oh, my god. Mom, please don't." Betty warned looking at the ground. "Oh, great here we go. Saint Betty and Part pooper Macy and Succubus Veronica." I heard Veronica whisper making me turn my head as she spoke into Archie's ear. I frowned looking at my hands.

"So, this is for clarity, Alice. You're hosting this little get-together to what?" I stopped listening to Fred when I heard Veronica open up her mouth again, "You know, I may have taken Jingle Jangle, but she's the one who had the psychotic break down."

"Cut Betty some slack. She just broke up with Jughead. And leave Macy out of it. She was just trying to prevent all of this." Archie whisper yelled the last part at her. "Hashtag Bugghead is no more? And she didn't tell me?" Kevin gasped. Alice caughed getting all of their attention.

"Careful throwing stones there, acid-queen Alice. I'm not the only one in this room that knows the story behind that mugshot that your daughter printed in her paper." Alice looked down at Betty after Hiram spoke.

"Well I, for one would like to know who brought Jingle jangle to the party?" Hermione rose her hand. Everyone stayed quiet until Reggie rose his hand up. "Reginald, not a single word out of your mouth until we get a layer." Reggies mom forced his hand down. I let outa small chuckle as she said Reggie's full name.

I looked up to see Reggie smiling at me making me roll my eyes. "No, all Reggie needs to tell us, Melinda, is how he aquired it." Hiram asked. "Some gang member who deals on the Southside," Reggie spoke looking at the ground.

"Oh, my God, you have a dealer?" Melinda glared at her son. "Once again, Mayor. The Southside is the source of all our problems." Hiram shook his head.

"Was he a serpent? Does he go to southside high?" Fred asked Reggie. "I think so, yeah."

"What does it matter? Not all serpents are drug dealers." Archie spoke up. "It's true. All we're doing is acusing them all cause of a few people." I spoke up after. "Instead of fighting against them why can't we hear their side of the story." I sat up straight.

"Guy's not helping." Fred looked at his son mostly. Alice sent me a motherly glare. "Look, we shouldn't have taken the JJ, but Nick's the one who asked Reggie to get it and then pushed it on us. He's the one who should be in the hot seat. I mean he's the one who roofied Cheryl and tried to assault her." Veronica explained.

"Prosecuting Nick St. Clair would be difficult, given that all witnesses were high." Sherrif Keller spoke up. "Yeah, but Jossie and I saw Nick with Cheryl the night after the party, and niether of us were on Jingle jangle." Veronica kept fighting back.

"The drug stays in your system for three days. So if I drug test you right now, you'd have a credibility problem." Sherrif sighed slightly.

"Josie, you took that drug? You put that poison in your system, knowing the way your father's struggled with addiction?" Josie nodded at her mother. "I see. From this moment on, bringing the southside under control is my number one priority as mayor. If it means razing it to the ground or arresting every single serpent in sight, starting at that high school, so be it. Let's go, Josephine, now."

Later that day Mayor McCoy arrested every Serpent in sight while raiding Southside High.