EIGHT

"And then, we walk into the gilded lily, and there's Gal! Again!" Nick was standing up trying to tell a joke, but Archie and I didn't get it. "Gal?" Archie and I asked as we sat on the couch. "Gadot. keep up, Archie." Cheryl sassed. Archie was going to say something, but Veronica stopped him, asking for a refill on her drink.

"Forget the teetotaling. Let's move to something with a little more kick." Nick opened one flap of his suit revealing jingle jangle.

"Is that-"

"Jingle jangle? Why, yes. It is." Nick stood up walking over to me, trying to hand me some. "I hooked him up." Reggie smiled. "No way!" I backed away from him. "Dude, we told you, we're not-"

"Archie, don't take this the wrong way, but you're an epic buzzkill. And come on Macy. I thought you where fun." Nick winked at me before taking his drugs back before walking over too Veronica. "Come on, Vee. Like back in the day." Veronica chuckled. "Aren't you supposed to be showing me a good time? Per daddy's orders?" Nick teased. I could tell Veronica was uncomfortable as she looked everywhere.

"Down Nicky, I'm just getting going. And now that you mention it, I in fact wouldn't mind a little sugar to spice up this party." Veronica smiled at all of us. I looked at her in shock as she took the drug in hand.

"What? Every other night it's burgers and milkshakes. Can't we just cut loose and pretend we're normal, for once?" Veronica scoffed.

"I'm in."

"Me too." Reggie and Cheryl both agreed. "Kevin?" Kevin clinked his drink with Cheryl showing that he was up for it. "Pussycats care to partake?" The Pussycats where now joining in.

"Betty, Macy?" Veronica smirked at us. Betty suppressed her lips into a thin line, "No thanks."

"Yeah, me neither. I'll stick to my water." I smiled sarcastically before sitting on Archie's lap once again.
"Come on it'll be fun." Veronica grabbed my hand. "I said no, Vee." Betty said a bit uncharicteristically. "Okay, relax, Betty, this is strictly voluntary." Veronica shot back.

"Perhaps we should decamp the bedrooms so as to corrupt the country mice."

"You know what? I change my mind. I'm in." Archie said sitting up straight. "What?" I asked Archie turning my head to him. "Just this once." Archie didn't look me in the eye. "Bravo, Archie Andrews. Thare's that good, strong Riverdale stock I've been jonesing for!"

After just thirty minutes everyone, except Betty and I, where high off Jingle Jangle. "This is a mess." I frowned as Archie danced with Reggie.

"Mace, Baby. Come on. Lets have some fun." Archie pulled my up, moving his hands down to the small of my back. "No, Archie. I'm perfectly fine with watching you waste a night doing drugs." With that being said Veronica grabbed my hands, trying to dance with me.

"Let go Veronica." I pulled my hands away from her. "I'm just as upset with you. You got my boyfriend into drugs and now he's acting crazy."

"Maybe you'd be as fun if you just had some Jingle jangle." Veronica scoffed. I was a bit taken back before grabbing my stuff and trying to take Archie with me. "No, I don't want to leave." Archie pouted. "Archie now! I'm not telling you again. Let's go." I hissed through gritted teeth.

...

"Mace. Come on. I'm sorry. I just wanted to have fun." I had been ignoring Archie all day not knowing what to do as we now stood in my room.

"And that is fine, Archie. I'm not mad, but I am disappointed." I looked down at my hands. "Will apology fries make you not be disappointed?" Archie held up a bag. "Yes!" I grabbed the food and looked inside grabbing a fry.

"Nice to know my girlfriend uses me for food." Archie smiled sitting on my bed. "Honestly, I don't know why we don't spend most of our time here. Your mom is never home, so we'd get away with anything. Unlike the other night at my house-"

"That was embarresing." I chuckled bringing my knees up to my chest on my desk chair. "God you're beautiful." Archie murmered, before dragging the chair closer to him and kissing me. "I'm sorry for all the things I'v been doing. There's no excuse for how bad of a boyfriend I've been." Archie rested his forhead on mine. "Archie, it's fine. You've been on edge. You're human, you're alowed to make mistakes. And I love you, with flaws and all." I smiled widely at my confession.

"God, you're the best-" Archie pulled away from me and pulled his brows together before smiling just as wide, "Say it again."

"I love you."

"Again."

"I love you Archie Andrews."

Archie brought my face close to his, kissing me slow yet rough. "I love you." He said it back making me smile wider. I crawled on top of him never disconnecting out lips. Archies mouth started moving down to my neck, "Archie, no. You'll leave a hickey." I laughed. "Well then, maybe Nick will know not too hit on you anymore." Archie mumbled into my neck.

"You drive me crazy, Macy Martinez and I love you for it."