FIVE

"Archie, what are you doing?" I was in my sleeping clothes when Archie was climbing up my window with flowers in hand. "I can't surprise my girlfriend?" Archie scoffed with a smile as he looked me up and down. "Archie stop!" I smiled with a laugh before sitting on my bed.

"Actually I came to talk to you about what I said at school." Archie lied down on my bed after setting the flowerd down on my desk. "You said something? I didn't hear you say anything." I looked everywhere but Archie's eyes.

I finally looked at him when he didn't say anything, he was sending me a playful glare. "Mace, come on." Archie sat up, pulling me onto the bed with him. "I don't know what you want me to say, Archie. I don't know if you meant it," I shrugged, looking down. "Of course I meant it." Archie groaned.

"Hey, look at me." He put a finger under my chin making me look at him. "I've never felt this way about a girl. Even after months of being with you there's not one dull moment and jesus, you're the best thing that's happened to me." Archie cupping my cheeks with a smile on his face. "You met Jesus?" I asked scrunching my nose.

"No, you dork. But I do, I love you Macy Martinez, and it's fine if you don't feel the same way. Because I will always love you no matter what." Archie kissed me making me smile into the kiss. "You don't know how happy that makes me." I smiled before pushing him down onto the bed.

"Do we get to remake the scene with Allison and Scott in season one, when they have sex." Archie raised his brows up and down playfully. "You're watching it without me!"

...

"Reggie, what is that?" I pointed at the pile of papers in in his hands. "Red circle, baby." Reggie smirked as we stood in the hallway of Riverdale High. I rose my brows at him, "Elaborate Reggie."

"Archie wants the bulldogs to help protect the town." He half smiled. "What the, and you agreed with this?" I scoffed shoving the paper to his chest. "You're both friends and you'd let him walk out into danger like that?" To say Reggie was frightened was an understatement. I rolled my eyes before seeing him down the hall.

"Archie, What the hell where you thinking?" I raised my voice at him. "I don't know what you're talking about. What is she talking about?" Archie raised a brow, looking past me and at Reggie for help. "The red circle. You are crazy if you think I'm going to let you do this-"

"Except you are. 'Cause you're not my mom or my dad." Archie scoffed before zipping up his bag. "Right, I'm not. I'm your girlfriend, who knows for a fact your dad or mom wouldn't let you do this." I was quit taken back at first. "I'll be fine, Macy." Archie said just above a whisper. "I'm going to keep this town safe and find whoever is doing this. Even if it's the last thing I do."

"Archie, please. You're making yourself a target." I pulled on his jacket sleeve with pleading eyes. "I was already a target when my dad got shot and when Grundy died. I'm doing this for my dad, me and most importantly you." Archie went to kiss my forehead, but I moved back.

"Hope you have fun at Veronica's." I walked away with a frown.

...

Archie and I hadn't spoken for days since that afternoon at the school when we argued in front of Reggie. I had just finished seeing the video that Archie put out, basically threatening the Black Hood when I was making my way to his house.

"So now you're just playing stupid?" I raised my voice walking into his house as he held the door open. "Archie, I never ask you for anything so can you please, take. It . Down." I glared at my boyfriend.

"Should I leave?" Jughead asked staring at us.

"Yes." "No." Archie and I looked at each other. "Jughead, would you say you and Archie are bestfriends and you care about whether he lives or dies?" I put an arm on Jugheads shoulder. He answered, stuttering a yes. "So you agree, this whole red circle thing is bull crap?"

"It's not bull crap Macy! If it's something that gives me a way to catch this guy I'm going to do it. So no one, not my dad, not my mom, and certainly not you, will stop me from doing this!" Archie raised his voice at me, stepping closer to me. "Then I'll stop the one thing that I can stop. What might that be? This relationship." I walked out the front, slamming it and making my way to school.

I couldn't help but let out a few tears here and there, breathing deeply.