Two

I love the way you hold me

Oh so tight

You rock my body slowly

We could last all night

Wish this could last forever

Why don't we give it a try

Because this life's too short

Yes this life's too short to deny

My need for you

I let the lyrics flow from my mouth as I ran my hands along my body, trying to be as sexually appealing as possible.

The red lights dawned upon me as I finished my opening, singing runs and ad libbing as the song slowly ended

The crowd roared in approval, causing me to bow. I exited the stage as soon as the curtains were pulled down.

My manager and vocal coach awaited me backstage, praising me and criticizing me.

"Wonderful performances Dahlia, the crowd still going crazy." My coach said as we made our way back of the dressing room.

"Yeah, but you could still make yourself more appealing. Most of the crowd were males and sex sells. Let's give the people want they want." My manager nagged, earning a simple "I'll try harder," from me.

I had changed back into my dress and made my way back to my seats in the front row. I had never really like award ceremonies, they were always boring to me. The only thing that excited me was when my name was called or when I was performing. Other than that, I was a drab routine of clap and clap and clap after everyone gets the praise and approval for whatever they do.

My team sat on the right side of me, a familiar face to my left. I had never gotten a good look at her until he turned around, flashing her Hollywood adored smile.

The Marilyn Monroe was smiling at me, a genuine smile. "You were amazing out there love. Standing ovation." She said, tipped his head at me. I was too star struck to even form words.

"Thank you." I said, almost out of breathe from how shocked I was.

"You must stay for the after party, everyone's dying to meet you." She fluttered her eyelashes as she spoke to me.

"Everyone like who?" I was genuinely curious. I mean, I was at the Platinum Star Awards, where only the best of the celebrities get invited.

"Lots of people. I think it's best if I keep it a surprise." She winked, shimming her shoulders before letting out a melodic laugh.

Our conversation was cut off short by the Samuel getting back on the mic.

"I think we can all say that performance was absolutely amazing. Let's hear it again for the incredible Dahlia Bambi!" The crowd erupted into applause once again, causing me to grow flustered.

"Alright, now starting off our show with the first award for best break out actor. The nominees being Marilyn Monroe for starring in "Love Nest", Audrey Hepburn for "Monte Carlo Baby," and Marlon Brando for "A Street Car named Desire".

The last name caught my attention.  Marlon Brando, yes I had heard of the name and I was quite familiar with his face. Not that I had actually met him in person, however I had watched many of the movies he had starred in and was quite fond of him. 

It was insane to think he was in the same room and I, and that the Marilyn Monroe was to the left of me, and that I had even gotten myself to this state of success. It felt so surreal, if you were to tell me I was dreaming, I would've pinched myself to make sure. 

"Critics voted, and the award for the best breakout artist of the year goes to Marlon Brando.'' The crowd roared as they waited for him go on stage and claim his award. I stood up along with everybody else and he got in front of the podium, holding his prize with both of his hands proudly as he waited for everyone to settle down.

Even from yards away, I could tell he was absolutely gorgeous; the way his cool ocean like eyes twinkled in the spotlight and how his beautiful smile radiated the entire room. The crowd grew silent as he began to speak into the mic. 

"Wow this is honestly and truly astonishing to even be here in this room and to sit among so many other talented artist. I told my team win or lose tonight, just being here is such an honor and something I will never forget this and instead cherish that I even get the chance to be apart so something great. I would to give a massive thank you to everyone to help me get here and I would not have been here if it wasn't because of their unconditional support. This means so much to me and I could not say that enough. Thank you." I closely listened to every word he said, feeling myself lock into his memorizing gaze. It was like timed stopped and all I could do was keep all eyes on him.

The show felt like it drug on forever afterwards, and all I could do was replay the events that happened prior. It wasn't until the got to the music category that I became more attentive.

"Critics voted for the best rising artist awards; the nominees being Lana Poll, David Idris, Hank Floyd, and Dahlia Bambi, and the award for the best rising artist goes to Dahlia Bambi.''

I hadn't even realized my name was called until Marilyn placed her hand on me as the crowd went wild. "Congratulations.'' She gleamed as my mouth fell open. I won.

I could barely find the balance as I walked up the stairs, being guided by one of the men down by the steps. Samuel stood smiling as he held the shining platinum star in his hands. I shook his right hand and grabbed the award with my right. "Congratulations Ms. Bambi.'' He said as he gave me a firm handshake. "Thank you.''

I stood behind the podium where many other legends had also stood tonight. A buzzing sensation rang through my body and my knees could have gone weak at any moment. The flashing lights and the adoring fans filled the room with praise. My cheeks ached from smiling so much however I couldn't help it. 

"Jesus, this is crazy. Never have I ever thought would even be here or even be this successful. I would like to thank God for watching over me for all these years and keeping my head up because I knew I could not have done any of this without him. I would also like to thank my manager Steve, as well as my vocal coach Cameron, and my makeup team and everybody who made this possible. This is truly an honor and I'd just like to thank you all for allowing me to be apart of this moment." I ended my speech and with that, exited the stage, tightly gripping the award and heading back towards my seat.