80

Jeepers its already part 80. And this book is technically like 2 years old or something >3> That's dedication. 

Allura watched as the mice scurried around her desk, a small smile of amusement spread across her lips as they played with each other. They would pounce at each other's tails as they ran around. Her silver hair was finally let down, the thick locks of hair collapsing around her in elegant curls and waves that slightly resembled a platinum river. Her eyes hooded in exhaustion as ever now and then she could feel herself bobbing in and out of sleep. 

She suddenly jumped awake at the sound of her desk phone ringing. The mice got startled by the sudden tone causing them to scurry in the opposite direction of the phone. Allura simply smiled, reaching out and picking up the phone before balancing it between her shoulder and her ear. 

"Altea Studios, this is Allura." She spoke almost dully. It was simply natural for her to respond to any phone call like that at his stage. Even on her private phone she answered in the uniform way just in case a client had managed to get her number.

"Hello Princess." A cheery voice chimed causing Allura's eyes to light up simply at the sound of his voice.

"Coran! It's great to hear from you. How are the paladins doing?" Allura chirped, extending her hands onto the desk allowing the mice to scurry onto them. She pet the largest mouse with her thumb as the others snuggled close to each other. 

"Likewise, and... well there was an unexpected situation..." Coran spoke, his nervousness evident in his voice. 

"Oh?" Allura began, skillfully opening the door to the mice's cage with her two index fingers before placing them inside, "Is everyone alright?"

"Well, I have yet to be updated on that." Coran sighed. 

Allura's heart sank and her eyes narrowed. "What do you mean by that?"

Coran chuckled nervously on the other end of the line. "Well they took a flight back to Lance's home you see..."

Allura could feel her very heart stop in her chest. "What? Why?!"

Coran once again sighed. "There was an emergency with Lance's brother. He had to rush home to say goodbye."

Allura rolled her eyes, tapping her finger impatiently on her desk. She also tapped her foot under her desk as agitation built up inside like a balloon getting ready to pop. "Shouldn't his brother have just come here? Isn't he aware that Lance has a very busy schedule? And there was no need for the others to go either!"

Coran fell silent on the opposite end on the line leading Allura t believe he had broken up or hung up. Just as she was about to call out to him, Coran spoke once again.

"I'm afraid it's not that kind of goodbye, Princess." Coran began causing Allura's face to contort in confusion, "You see, Lance's brother has been critically ill for a long time now and it is his time to let go." 

Allura's lips fell into a frown, her sharp eyes softening as guilt began to build up inside her. "Oh, I see..."

Allura could feel that Coran was probably nodding on his side of the line as he continued to speak, "I'm sure you and I of all people regretfully know how it feels to loos people close to us. I felt it was only appropriate that we allow them to all say their farewells."

Allura held the phone in one hand while the other rubbed her forehead. She continued to frown, taking her time on thinking of the right reply. "I'm glad you made that decision. It was... noble of you I guess. Thank you for informing of this Coran, I appreciate it."

"It's my pleasure, Princess. Besides, it's an honor to hear your voice." Coran replied.

Allura felt herself loosening up, her frown fading as her lips curled up into a small smile. "And it was great to hear from you. Update me when the paladins return."

"I will, goodbye Princess." Coran spoke. 

"Goodbye Coran." Allura hummed with a faint smile. 

Allura waited until the line went deat to drop the phone. The faint smile never left her lips as she glanced over to the clock on her wall. She sighed, twelve thirty am, was it already that late? She sighed, pushing back in her chair before standing up adn stretching her arms over her head with a long groan. She waltzed over to the glass wall of her office, folding her arms over her chest with a small sigh. Despite everything she has, Allura had never truly felt content since the death of her late parents. Coran was really the only person who was able to soothe her. That's why she would always be infinitely grateful to him, he was like a second father. simply thinking about Coran and how he helped her was enough to make a smile spread across Allura's lips.

Allura once again sighed after a few minutes of admiring her amazing city view from her window beofre spinning on her heel and strutting over to her desk. She snatched her coat off the rack as she passed it, quickly tugging it on as she made her way over to the mice who were now each sound asleep. The playing must have worn them out. 

"You can rest, we're heading home now." Allura cooed to the mice as she carefully transported them from the cage into her coat pockets. She lazily tie her hair back into a ponytail before grabbing her purse and keys and heading to the door. She locked her office door behind her before sliding into the elevator and pressing the ground floor button. She hummed a soft tune as she descended to reception.

As the elevator arrived at the ground floor, the worker at reception waved sheepishly to Allura. Allura beamed back despite her exhaustion knowing it was better to seem lively to improve how the worker felt. She could only imagine how horrible it must be to have to have the night shift in the building so it was only human to try add some enthusiasm into the poor worker's night. 

Allura slipped out into the cold night air, clutching her coat closer to her body and she hurried to her car which was parked in a private lot. She slipped into the car, making sure not to sit on the mice as she shut the door behind her and started up the car. Allura enjoyed working away from home, it gave her a reason to get up early and gave her an excuse to have breakfast in a cute cafe. She wasted no time in driving home, a tired smile on her lips as she made her way through the hectic Saturday night traffic. Despite the terrible traffic she could only feel relived she was heading home to finally get some sleep.

Wowie, a look into Allura's life. How exciting! I guess, i dont really know what you guys find exciting ahhah. 

Sooooo this book it nearly at 150 THOUSAND READS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Not yet, but soon my children. Should I do something to celebrate when this book hits 150k? I don't really know what I should do soo leave some ideas if you want. I'm not forcing you XD

Oki bai

-Pattaloola '3'