47

I'm back

Sorry, I had to delete wattpad for a while but I got it back today and I'm backkkkkkkkkkkk sorry again...

~~~~~

Lance tapped his foot against the floor of the taxi he was currently sitting it. He was sweating as if he were in a desert. He frequently took deep breaths and fidgeted with his hands. As he sat in the backseat, the taxi driver often took a glance back at Lance, eyeing him suspiciously.

"You okay, kid?" He asked, scratching his stubbly chin before continuing to drive.

Lance smiled sheepishly. "Yeah, just... visiting people I haven't seen for a while." He muttered. He reached into his bag and snatched his wallet out. He glanced over the pictures taken a few years ago where he had visited his family. They had visited Varadero beach in Cuba. Lance had saved up and payed for most of his family to go. He of course got some help from his family to help pay, but it was mainly his money. He took all of his younger family on their first trip to Cuba, for their others it was just like visiting an old home. His pictures showed him with his young nephew. They were holding each others hands. His little nephew, Matteo, couldn't walk by himself then so Lance brought him into the water. Another picture showed his niece and his younger sibling. They were playing in the water with each other, little Matteo in Lance's arms. More showed him with his uncle and aunt, one with them eating and lastly one with Lance and his parents. Their arms were wrapped around each other, Lance between his two parents. The sun was setting and it caused an orange hue to set across their faces, as well as a wide smile that graced their lips. Lance couldn't help but smile now, folding the picture up and shoving his wallet back into his bag.

"Well, this is it. Good luck with your meeting." The driver hummed, lighting a cigarette and breathing smoke out of the window. Lance thanked the driver, and handed him some cash before climbing out of the vehicle. He slung his bag over his shoulder, his suitcase trailing behind him. The rough country gravel made the wheels on his case make a loud scratching noise as he set his course towards the front porch.

How should he do this?

Just walk inside and yell "Surprise!"

Ring the bell and hide before jumping out to yell "Surprise!"

Pretend to be a mailman and then suddenly rip off his fake mustache and yell "Surprise!"

Though... all of Lance's plans seemed to end with him yelling "Surprise!"

Lance sighed, dropping his bags and made his way to the old porch swing. The swing he'd always sit on as a kid. It had been repaired and oiled multiple times yet it still screeched out like the old seat it was. Yet surprisingly, the screeching comforted him rather than agitating him. It reminded him of his past and his nerves were quickly replaced with calmness and comfort. With new gained confidence, Lance stood up and grabbed his bags, pushing down the handle of the door and entered the house.

His eyes danced around the room he walked into. The walls were painted an off-white, the bottom half of them being decorated with wine wallpaper. His eyes rested upon a framed picture of his family and the nervousness engulfed him once again. He could hear pots and pans clattering in the kitchen, the door to said room was ahead and to the right. He slowly edged towards the door, his bag slug over his shoulder, he used his free hand which wasn't dragging his suitcase to gently grip the brass handle. He slowly turned the handle and pushed the door open. It revealed the all too familiar kitchen he had grown up in. Well, eaten all of his growing up meals in.

He saw the old kitchen tiles and the dining table that had other tables moved in line with it as well as multiple chairs for special occasions. The pantry where Lance would often sneak into with his brother for late night snacks. The closet where his sister always hid even they played hide and seek, so he'd have to pretend he didn't know where she was hiding. The shelves where Lance would be almost like a ninja, climbing up to the top shelf to reach the cookie jar. And last... his mother.

The old-fashioned radio was playing soft Hispanic music in quite bad quality, but the humming noise in the background made it more... welcoming. The older lady's hips swayed to the music as she reached on her toes to grab a wooden spoon that was hanging. She reached to turn on the stove, so Lance took this as his chance to speak. He opened his mouth, but the words simply got stuck in his throat.

"Mo- Mo-..." Lance scowled and hissed a swear under his breath. With one last huff he called out, "M-Mom!"

The woman jumped around, her hand resting over her heart. She hunched over and let out a loud sigh before laughing breathlessly.

"Ha! You scared me!" She laughed, her Spanish accent thick in her words. "Ah, so why are you-" but her words halted when she saw who it was who was standing by the kitchen door.

"Lance?" His mother watched in disbelief, her eyes wider than the saucepan clutched tightly in her hand.

Lance let out a sad excuse of a laugh. He smiled weakly and let go of his case, opening his arms and shrugging. Tears formed in his eyes as he choked out the words he could.

"Sur...prise..."

_____________________

First I want to apologise for the long wait.

And second I want to thank everyone who has been so generous with their comments and votes, everything you've done to support this book and my writing means the world to me. And your... creative thoughts, ideas and names you have all come up with. Please feel free to share opinions and any comments at all, I love hearing from my readers!

That's all for now, please vote  comment and all that jazz. See you in the next chapter~

(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ