Chapter 17: Last few wishes

Start from the beginning

Mr. Oh then put on his glasses, lifting up a sheet of paper in front of his face and examining it.

He continued, "We received a request from his parents that you take this week off to accompany him at the hospital. Your parents have agreed to this request as well and so, it is up to you if you would do that."

I furrowed my eyebrows at what he said. Did Suho need me?

Without hesitation, I nodded furiously and anticipated for further information.

"Good. You don't need to sign any papers, just go to your classroom and grab your bag. I shall take you to the hospital myself," Mr. Oh said, voice firm.

I did as I was told and went to the classroom, but as I was getting my bag, I heard Sehun speak.

"Babe, where are you going?"

Behind me, I could hear Tao's gagging noises, but I ignored his childish gesture.

"I'm going to the hospital," I replied.

"Why?" he asked.
"Please don't ask me any more questions. Mr. Oh is waiting for me," I said.

"Wait, what? Why would my father-"

I couldn't stay for the rest of his question because I did not want the principal waiting up for me.

Out at the car park, Mr. Oh stood by his car. When he saw me approaching, he walked to my side of the car and opened the door for me.

"Thank you, sir," I said, and he just smiled.

When he got inside, we drove off.

-

Arriving at the destination, Mr. Oh stopped the engine and turned to his side to face me.

"Before you go, _____, I would like to clarify one thing. There were rumours flying around school the moment I stepped on school grounds. Rumours about you and my son."

I avoided his contact and didn't want to face his angered face. Not after seeing him angry during my last day at their house.

I kept quiet.

"I'm thinking of changing my decision," he spoke, and I looked at Mr. Oh then.

"Sir?" I asked.

"I've seen changes in my son, although minor, they are good things. Maybe you becoming his girlfriend wouldn't be a bad thing."

Before I could dwell longer on the new information, he told me to exit the vehicle.

I took the elevator to Suho's floor and proceeded to make my way to his room. When I got there, I opened the door slowly and found him asleep on the bed.

I shut the door behind me and placed my bag down on the couch that was leaning against the wall. Quietly, I walked towards him and sat down on the chair beside the bed.

"Yah~ They wanted me to be here. Why is that, huh? You look perfectly fine to me,"I chuckled silently.

"I can hear you, you know?" Suho laughed, opening his eyes to look at me.

"Oh? Well then, why did you need me?" I asked him.

"I had the operation, _____," he said.

It took me by surprise. He had the operation? Was that why he appeared paler than the last time I saw him?

"You did?! Oh my gosh, how are you feeling?! Have you been eating well, Kim Suho? Yah! Why didn't you tell me?!"

I know I was completely over reacting, but it was a big deal, okay? My best friend survived the operation that even the doctors said he wouldn't survive. I was really happy for him.