Chapter 8: Humiliation

You take your seat in the class and let out a hefty amount of air. The classmates who noticed all exchange glance before staring at you with worried looks on their faces. Suddenly, you feel a light tap on your right shoulder and you whirl yourself around to face him.

"Noona, why do you look sad?" Tao asks with a frown.

"I'm not sure, I just feel... Like something's wrong." you reply, furrowing your eyebrows.

You didn't explain more and just turned around. When you return to face the front, you are welcomed by Sehun's annoying face.

"Omo!" You scream.

"How can you get scared of this handsome face?" Sehun chuckles, placing his left palm underneath his chin.
Jerk, you think. You stare at him with a very serious expression, your eyes locking with his.

"What do you want, Sehun?" you ask.

"Nothing," he smirks. "I just wanna tell the class captain that I hope we'll have a wonderful year."

Sehun raised both his eyebrows, taps your desk before going away to his seat. Again, your eyebrows furrow and your forehead crease as you watch him weirdly.

"A jerk and a weirdo," you clarify to yourself.

-

The whole day went by as normal, but what you were really worried about is after school. You can't help but feel sorry for yourself because for one year you would have to tutor the jerk.

"Think happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts," you keep telling yourself as you walk through the parking lot.

"You can always think of me, you know," a voice says.

You jump a little from getting startled that you swear you could have almost had a heart attack. You turn your head slightly, only enough to get a glimpse of the person who almost had you killed. You roll your eyes when you see the person.

"I want happy thoughts, not a nightmare," you answer back.

"No. A nightmare would be you in a bikini," Sehun remarks.

You gasp at his sudden uncalled-for comment and fume your eyes on him. Both of you stop in front of his car and you open your side of the door.

"For the record, I look great in a bikini!" You get inside his car and slam the door shut.

Sehun snickers. "Feisty."

Instead of driving to the Oh residence, you are taken to another person's house - a mansion.

"Why are we here? Sehun, we're supposed to go to your house and I'm supposed to tutor you," you tell him.

"And you always do what you're supposed to do? Relax. My father's working all night so he won't know we've been here," Sehun says.

"You still haven't answered my question. Why are we here?" you repeat.

Sehun ruffles his hair and places his hands on the steering wheel before looking at you

"Party. Now let's go."

He goes out the car and you have no choice but to follow since you have no idea how long the party's going to take.

When the front door opens, you are welcomed by Chanyeol.

"____?! You're here? Yes!" Chanyeol cheers.

Your jaw drops and mentally face palmed yourself. Out of all places, why here? You ask yourself.

You huff out heavily and step inside. Suddenly, someone taps you on the back. You swirl around to have your eyes fixated on your one and only best friend.

"Suho? You're here too?" you ask, surprised.

Suho rubs the back of his neck and chortles awkwardly.

"Yeah, I guess," he begins. "I don't really know why but I think they wanted the class vice president here too. So you could say that I was kinda expecting you to be here."

"Oh. Well, I don't wanna be. I'm supposed to be-"

"Tutoring. Yeah, I know," he cuts you off.

Sehun walks towards his mates and they talk.

"So ____'s here?" Kai asks him.

"Yeah, she's here," Sehun answers.

"Guys, I don't think we should go on with this. There's so many people here," Chanyeol tells them.

"That's the point, dumb-ass!" Kai yells.

"My parents are gonna kill me if there's any damage in the house. Why couldn't we do it at your house?" Chanyeol asks Kai.

"Because, moron, my parents are home. Tsk."

You walk around, seeing everyone talking and chattering amongst themselves, dodging glances when they look at you.

When you get to the middle of the living room two unfamiliar guys approach you. You think they were just going to chat you up, but abruptly, one of them pulls down your skirt while the other pours juice punch over your head.

The people start to laugh, pointing at you as they make jokes, and one of the guys videos it. As you quickly pull your skirt up, Suho rushes to you and wraps his arms on your shoulders. He takes you outside where you begin to cry.

Back inside the house, Sehun and Kai come out from behind the crowd where they are still laughing with the others. Kai high fives the two guys then puts his arm on Sehun's shoulders as he pats his chest.

"That was hilarious! HAHAHA!" Kai snorts.

Chanyeol slowly walks towards them, looking around at how messy the living room appears.

"The house... It's a mess," Chanyeol mumbles.

"Dude, just clean it up." Kai comments before turning back to Sehun. "Tomorrow, my buddy, you'll be the one saving that girl. Well, fake saving her since this is all just for fun. Haha!"

-

You are fast walking, you don't know exactly where you're going but as long as it's far away from there, you are satisfied. You wipe your tears away with your sleeves but they just keep coming back.

"____! Wait! Slow down your walking, you know I'm not allowed to get tired," Suho shouts from behind you.

You stop at a park, sitting on a bench, and Suho sits down beside you as he tries to gasp for air.

"I've never been so humiliated in my life!" you sob. "W-Why? Why did it happen? I didn't even know who those guys were!"

Suho pats your back, trying to calm you down.

"____, about Sehun... I was in the men's bathroom earlier today and..." Suho pauses as he remembers what happened earlier.

Should I tell her what those jerks are planning? Would she believe me? Suho thinks.

"What is it?" you ask, bringing him back to his senses.

"Oh, nothing. He's just really a jerk," Suho chuckles nervously.

"Yeah, tell me about it. If he didn't bring me here in the first place, this stupid thing wouldn't have happened!"

Suho sighs and engulfs you in an embrace. You feel the warmth of his body surrounding yours and you've always felt safe whenever you are with Suho.

After all, he's your best friend in the whole world.