Chapter 19: Those words

Narrator's POV

-

You could not believe it. Throughout your high school year, everyone has been living on the rumour that Sehun's mother died in an accident. But then again, there were also rumours that Sehun made up that rumour because he hated her.

You both stood outside the hospital with stares fixated on Sehun's mother. She had an intimidating, mean look that could send shivers down on anyone's back.

"Geu yeojaneun... Nuguya?" she asked Sehun.

"This is _____," he replied.

"Your girlfriend?" she asked.

"Yes," Sehun answered through gritted teeth.

His mother scoffed when she looked at you as if she could not believe his son was going out with someone like you.

"Oh, my son. Your taste in women really has gone dry. Look at her!"

"Can you shut up?!" Sehun shouted at her, then turning to you and grabbing your wrist. "Let's go."

He pulled you until she was out of sight, before letting you go. When he turned around to you, your eyes were watery and a tear trickled down your cheek.

"Yah, are you okay?!" he asked you in a panic.

You shook your head and smiled while you wiped the tear.

"I'm fine, it's just dusty," you told him.

"Don't mind anything she says. In fact, don't listen to anything she says, arasseo?"

You nodded your head even though deep inside all you could think about was what she said.

-

When Sehun dropped you off to your house, he abruptly pecked a kiss on your lips, which took you off guard. You could feel your cheek heat up a little, so you quickly got off the car.

"See you tomorrow, babe," Sehun called out.

You waved him goodbye and went inside the house, leaning on the door and sliding down it.

"How did this even happen? One minute I hated him and now I'm his girlfriend?" you asked yourself.

You thought about it for a while before a giggle escaped your mouth. Before the thought of Sehun disgusted you, but now you were just feeling tingly inside. Suddenly, your phone rang and it startled you. You picked it up and answered.

"Hello?"

"Hi."

You chuckled upon hearing your boyfriend's voice. You were really falling for him; for the guy who you once called a jerk.

"You only left five minutes ago," you chuckled.

"But I miss you," he cooed.

"I'm seeing you tomorrow, Sehun."

"I wish we lived together... and we can, you know... do stuff," he said in a mischievous tone.

"Yah! Whatever you're thinking, stop it," you say, containing your giggle.

"Fine, fine. I'll just see you tomorrow," he said.

"Okay, bye~" you say.

"Bye, love you."

The sudden words brought you to a daze. Sehun hung up the phone immediately after saying that and you did not know what to do.

In his car, Sehun could also not believe what he just did. The words came out unexpectedly, and even he was surprised by his own action.

-

Sehun's POV

-

"Bye, love you."

My eyes widened. Those words came out in total surprise, even I was not aware. But, there was something in me that felt relieved, like I was glad I told _____ that.

I hung up the phone on her because I did not want to hear what she had to say next.

Dang it!

How was I going to face her tomorrow? To be honest, I felt embarrassed.

No, Sehun! You cannot. You cannot fall for her, she has to fall for you... not the other way around. I had a feeling I was going to mess the dare up.

At the same time, I no longer wanted it to happen because _____ would get hurt.

I was confused.