Chapter 12

My mind couldn't even begin to connect what all happened at that moment. One second, I was locked in the treasure room, and the next— the door came down like glass. The air filling my lungs and blowing through my hair. I had called Sinbad's name over and over, hoping he could hear me and protect our daughter. But he didn't hear me; and now I'm trying to speak about something I don't even know how to explain. Sinbad was sitting in front of me with a cup in front of him. His fingers pinching the bridge of his nose and he let's out a deep breath.

"You don't know what happened?" He asks me. "You think Valerie must have locked you in the room on purpose."

I nod. "She's as spiteful as Selma...only this is worse."

Sinbad sat his arm along the table. His  fingers curling around my hair. I had told him about the constant threats and stares,but they way he looked at me. I can see that he was getting overwhelmed. He was drinking a lot again.

" I'm not going to intervene in this, find a way to get along." I stared at him. He wasn't going to do something. He was practically giving up ,and letting Valerie get her way — Valerie was getting away with her threats and schemes. "Find some way to handle this , and as well as do some growing up."

I bit my lip in frustration. Why come to him? He was a king. He doesn't care if his consorts hate each other. He wanted to just fuck one of us for the night. It was like two years ago, when he cared less about me as a person, and more about having his pet. Sinbad was on his feet and walking passed me to the door.

"I think it would've been better if I were still on that ship...or even locked in that cage. Scraping the ground with a spoon and begging for Madura's love because I was a good girl." I felt so much pain and my heart was in pain. Just when I thought I still had my best friend — he's gone.

"How dare you..?!" He was angry now. I can tell by the growling in his voice. I stood on my feet looked him into his eyes. "I took such good care of you! I watched you charm and entertainment so many men while working for that bitch! For you to say that that is better than here. Where you're free —"

" You've raped me twice,Sinbad!" I yelled out. I don't even recognize this person speaking right now. "You're doing exactly what those rich men would've done! You claim to be different,and yet here you are–" I waving to the jewelry. "Hands decked in the hard work done by people like me. You don't have to fight for me, but what about Esra?!"

His eyes grew a darker shade. "Don't you speak about her like I don't do a damn thing to help raise her."

I shook my head. "There are people here threatening to get rid of her, and yet you're just going to let them do it."

Sinbad's hand was clenching in fists. "Of course you won't do anything," I say while brushing the side of his face mockingly, "I haven't fucked you in years. While that make you do something? Just one night to remember that I'm here."

"I'm not even sure if Kouen has fucked you before I can." He says. I smirked and stepped back , taking a look out the window. He was getting to me using Valerie, so I shall push him back with Kouen.

"I wonder if he's as good of a lover as he looks." I say, "He's more interested in Esra, and her safety. He might be a better father figure to her."

Sinbad was by the edge of the table one moment, and the next moment I was pinned against the table. His hand crushing my throat. I couldn't move him away, and my throat was hurting. It was getting hard to breathe. "I've done so much for you these past months, keeping myself from visiting your room and having you as many times as I want. I've given you a home when you can't go back to that shithole we grew up in. I've promised you happiness at my side and you're just too stupid to see that! Yet here you are, mounting Kouen and highly hoping that he'll love you!"