Elements 3 - Roman x Logan & Patton x Virgil

Start from the beginning

Tightening his jacket sleeves around his waist, he picked up his speed and carried on walking across the cracked, dusty cemented road he assumed to have been built many, many, many years ago.

It took half an hour, but once he stood outside the tall, white-wooden house, windows boarded up, parts of the wall laying on the ground having fallen off at a previous time, he sighed, realising it was just an abandoned house. But, it never hurt to check. Pushing open the fence, he flinched as the gate collapsed against the ground, brushing against the post that held up the mail box. It was broken and rusted with nothing inside apart from sand.

Looking up to the house again, he noticed on the top floor the window on the right hand side wasn't covered by wood. The window was smashed, but he could see inside, and noticed a white, see-through curtain, moving to the side as if the wind was moving it. Odd, he thought as he walked across the path, eyes glued to it until he stepped onto the porch, the roof hiding it. There was no wind at all, so he wondered why it was moving like that.

Thinking he didn't need to knock - why would he? - he stepped inside, grimacing at how dusty it was, everything in ruins. With no hopes of finding anything, he decided to go upstairs where the bedrooms would be, just to see if there was a mattress he could relax on for a bit. He hadn't slept on something comfortable for days.

Quietly stepping up the creaky, nearly broken steps he pushed open the door to the first bedroom, pleasantly surprised at the stained mattress sitting in the corner. Ready to walk in, his movements paused when he felt cold air hit against his body, a nice change from the hot sun beating down on him.

Wondering where the hell the breeze was coming from, he crept along the hallway, peeking through the room in the end only to gasp and take a step back, still able to see a man who sat inside curled up against the furthest wall, his hair brushed to the side by the wind that seemed to come from only that room.

Fearful, but also worried, he breathed in deeply and walked inside, feeling a strong gust of wind hit against his right side, seeming to spin around the room, continuously brushing past him while also affecting the curtains opposite. So this is what it was? A room with a non-stop breeze swirling around it in a circle?

If he didn't have powers of his own, he would already be running for the hills, but with a good assumption, the man who sat curled up opposite him was the cause of this.

So, fire, earth, wind and water?

With soft steps, he ventured across the empty room, kneeling down before the man who hadn't moved at all since he first saw him. He wanted to talk, but he didn't know what to say, how long had this man been here? Why was he curled up? What had happened?

"Hey, can you hear me?"

As soon as he spoke the wind in the room stopped abruptly, making him flinch and shuffle back, the curtain falling back down to hang still from where it was hung from.

The man in question slowly lifted his head, his irises a sharp silver colour, blank but scary expression on his face. His hair fell across his forehead as he stared unnervingly at Virgil who slowly stood up, regretting ever walking into this creepy house.

In a flash, the man before him stood up, Virgil almost tripping back as he did. 

"I...I don't want any trouble" Virgil fended, pressing up to the wall, trying to clutch it as his wide eyes stared at the man who's expression hadn't changed at all.

Slowly, his arm rose in Virgil's direction, but nothing happened. Confused, Virgil tilted his head, trying to breathe in but quickly realising he couldn't. Clutching his throat, he began to make weird sounds, collapsing to the floor as he tried to suck in oxygen, but he couldn't, there was none! It must be the man! Shit, shit, shit!