Chapter 8

This is chapter is also dedicated to Sushi, my fish. Sadly he passed away few weeks back. He never got his tank but I have the money for it. ;~; I hope the heaven's oceans are big enough for you and maybe visit me in hell later? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dragged my feet through the sand. Why did I choose a stable so far away. Why not just teleport you ask? Because about two steps behind me was a hyperactive orange fool. Yes, I'm talking about our dear friend Tobi. The stupid thing was scared when he suddenly teleported with me so I constantly had to refrain from doing it when I'm with him. (Hehe, sounds wrong ;) )

Normally I love Tobi. He's like a brother to me. All the Akatsuki are except Konan. She's like my big sister. I was just frustrated. I missed Yonoowari and he was slowing me down.

"Does Kokuju want Tobi to go?" Tobi's shrill voice hurts my brain. 

"You can't." I replied, trying not to sound too pissed off.

"Why? Tobi forgot." I sighed. This boy really is an idiot.

"Because this is a dangerous place for a little girl like me." I said with sarcasm heavy in my voice. Tobi shut up pretty quick. I guess he was trying to think of what could be dangerous for me. I wasn't the most powerful ninja to ever walk the earth. Or the smartest. I'm not even a ninja. I never stayed in Konoha long enough to graduate. When I lived there with Itachi I didn't even attend. It was much nicer following Itachi around. I never got in his way, I only hoped so was never sent away. I could even just been a plain smart person. I didn't actually know how to read and write. As I said I never went to school. Itachi never thought about teaching me and only Deidara knew from the rest of the Akatsuki. Whenever I needed to read I just told Deidara and he read it out to me. 

No one knew how nice Deidara could be. I didn't either till he found me in the library trying to read a mission scroll. Itachi was away on a mission and I was too scared to ask anyone else for help.

*flashback*

I squinted at the funny squiggles. Some of them looked the same, some looked completely different. I didn't understand except for my name. I was nearly in tears from my stupidity. Why didn't I just tell Pein that I couldn't read?

"What are you doing here un? Why aren't you getting ready for your mission?" I looked up to see Deidara. He was only a year older than me. 

"I can't read." I whispered. "I don't know where my mission is or what I have to do."

Deidara gave me a funny look then took the scroll out of my hands. He opened it up and quickly scanned the contents. "You have to go the sand village. Kill a man named Kyo Sato and steal a small golden chest full of clan jewellery. Seems simple enough."

My mouth gaped open. Deidara was being nice to me. How abnormal! "Thank you, Deidara-senpai! Thank you! Thank you!" I rejoiced. I could complete my mission.

"Just don't tell anyone."

"Hai!" With that I ran to the entrance then realised I still didn't have a ring nor a password. Damn... I stood and thought a second. I'll just go ask Pein to let me outside. I turned around only to see Deidara standing there. 

"Haha. You wouldn't go very far without me would you?" He said with a smirk on his face.

"Nope." I replied a little sadly. I was really starting to look stupid. He walked up to the door and whispered his password. The door immediately opened. Not knowing how to thank Deidara properly I just hugged him and while he stood there shocked at the physical contact I ran off to kill this Kyo dude. The mission was a success and I had Deidara to thank for it.

*end of flashback*

So I was a ninja nor smart. I didn't even know any of those things women are meant to know. I couldn't cook or sew. I was starting to sound like a failure. I tapped my pretty black nails against my chin. Like everyone else in the Akatsuki, I painted my nails. It was one of those stupid rules. I had never really bothered to question it. I knew Itachi didn't like it though. Hehe, it sounded gay to him.

"Kokuju-chan. Tobi is a good boy?"

"Yes. We're here now." That was true. The village was about a mile away. Me and Tobi started to run. He would distract them while I slipped into the stable and grabbed Yonoowari. Tobi dashed into village and started screaming instructions on how to bake chocolate chip cookies to a little boy. The boy started to cry and Tobi moved onto his next victim or pure insanity. I dashed towards the stables hoping they would still have Riri. As soon as I entered the stable I could tell she was there. Even after a year I could still remember her chakra presence. She obviously still knew mine because she started to kick the walls. I rushed to her side and started to untie the leather straps keeping her there. Finding them too fiddly I chopped them off with the small knife had strapped to my calf. I jumped onto Riri's back and rode out the stable. Tobi immediately saw I had got Riri and started to run home. I followed him out the village. Tobi and Yonoowari ran full speed and I gripped Riri's mane to stop myself slipping. We waited till we were about five miles away from the villages before stopping.

Tobi kept pace for what seemed a long time before he started to slow. I grabbed his sleeve and pulled him onto Riri with me. He squeled with fear. Tobi wasn't really very good at horse riding but he stayed on.

 It wasn't long before we arrived home. Riri was exceptionally fast but I may of transported a few times without Tobi knowing it. I tied her up outside next to her bed of hay. She wasn't living in particular luxurious circumstances but she dealt with it. 

I traipsed inside with Tobi who ran off to find someone to play with. I walked to the kitchen to grab something to eat. I looked inside. Bananas again.... Oh wait! Was that an apple? I walked over to the fruit basket and peeked inside. Nope, I must of been day dreaming. I grabbed a banana and proceed to peel it. I walked into the living room and looked inside. No one there. And where had Tobi gone?

I sighed. It was probably a meeting or something. I never went so they eventually stopped telling me. They always talked about stuff I didn't understand. At the moment the meetings were focusing on Jinchuuriki.

I took off my straw hat and chucked it onto the closest sofa and started to take off my coat. The Jinchuuriki were the tailed demons. We, the Akatsuki, were trying to capture them all. I picked up my straw hat and carried it with my coat to my room. I hung them up and walked back out. I sat in the corridor outside the library and waited for the sudden meeting to end.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter is a little longer than normal. Why you ask. Because I'm discontinuing it for a bit. Not for ever, just a couple of months. I didn't really think about the storyline before I started and wasn't so well learned about Naruto. I just found out about how most of the Akatsuki die and I think that would be kinda hard to write about. I don't really wanna do massive time skips so I'm going to take a break until I've watched more of the anime.

Em <3