Chapter 1

I would like to take a moment of your time to thank my best friend, Nyree, for being such a great person and always being patient despite me being a short tempered brat. I owe you ^.^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a powerful member of the akatsuki. I work hard every day to achieve my dream of being as strong as Itachi, my older cousin. I am mostly used for secret missions on account of me looking so small and innocent just in case I get caught. 

One day I have to go to the hidden leaf village on a secret mission. I must learn what kind of training the leaf village ninjas receive. I was only ten at this time so it was easy for me to be enrolled in the ninja academy. One day I’m exploring the village hoping to get some extra information to impress Itachi when suddenly I trip! Just before I hit the ground someone catches me. I look up to see my "hero". It's a young boy, perhaps a few years older than me. I look into his eyes. They're beautiful and it hard to draw my gaze from them. The rest of his face is covered by a mask. 

"Thank you" I say, my voice trembling. 

The boy just smiled at this. 

"My name is Kokuju." I say trying to introduce myself. 

"I'm Kakashi. We're in the same class?"

"oh yeah" I feel a smile creeping onto my face. 

From that day forward me and Kakashi are friends. But after a year Kakashi graduated. I couldn't since I had to pretend to be average. After his graduation me and Kakashi don't see much of each other. 

One day I happen across him in the woods whilst he's training. He hasn't noticed me yet and I'm in the mood for laughing. I get out one of my kunai and chuck right over the top of Kakashi's head. Surprised, he shifts into a defensive position. Unluckily for him he hadn't quite regained his balance from that last practice kick. He falls over backward and lands on his butt sending me into peals of laughter. 

"Hey Kokuju"

"Hello Kakashi, long time no see"

"Well I haven't had much time to show off!"

"Neither have I. Nor to tell you a secret before I leave. "

"Leave for where?" asks Kakashi, confused. I sighed. The akatsuki needed me back. They had heard enough and didn’t want me gone much longer. But I had developed a honest true friendship with Kakashi Hatake. I owed him the truth. 

"Let's walk" Kakashi suggests, sensing the fact I'm uncomfortable. The two of us stroll out of the clearing after ten minutes of silent walking me and Kakashi are on top of a hill. We both sit down at exactly the same time. Kakashi and me had this little joke that whenever we were both were silent that we would time our movements to the exact millisecond. 

I need to start my confession. If I wait any longer I won't have the guts to do it. I suddenly start telling Kakashi my whole life story. He is silent. We've never said anything about our pasts. Maybe his is just as horrible as mine. I was raised by a loving family. This loving family happened to be rich. For my third birthday I got a foal. This foal was named Yonoowari. Riri for short. It was Riri who saved my life. 

One day when I was five several rogue ninja broke into our house to get our vast wealth, food and various supplies. To make sure no one could track them my parents were murdered. Me and my brothers were next. Two of my three big brothers then pounced on the ninjas before I was harmed. The third, the youngest of them, grabbed me and put me on top of Yonoowari. Just as he was about to jump on behind me he stopped short. He fell to the ground, a kunai in his back. The rogue ninjas had now killed my whole family. It was my time to die. Except Riri thought differently. She quickly galloped off. I hoped that the rogue ninja would probably think that it would be too much bother to go chasing after a little kid like me. Sadly they didn't. But they didn't kill me I was kept for amusement. They poked me with hot pieces of metal and would shoot needles at my feet, yelling for me to dance. After two nights they grew bored. So had I. In the night I untied the rope around my ankle securing me to the ground. While they slept I cut their throats and rode Yonoowari into the darkness. I had killed for the first time but not the last.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   Thanks for reading the first chapter of the story! Please comment and give me some advive since I'm really new to the whole writing scene.

And the picture is of Kokuju <3