Part 13

Defying All Odds

Part 13

*Justin's POV*

I chocked a bit on the beer I was drinking as I clutched onto my chest.

"I'm sorry what did you say?" I gawked.

"He had 2 other kids. A 5 year old and a 3 year old," Emma explained.

"Oh good heavens," I heard Selena whisper to herself.

"And you're okay with that?" I asked Emma still in shock not only about the kids but about how calm she was about it. When Selena found out about Emma she went crazy so I cannot even imagine if she found out I had two kids.

"Yeah, we're really happy. I met them both and they are lovely kids," Emma said smiling up at him.

"Well are you two going to get married?" Selena asked.

"After the baby comes," Matt said taking Emma's hand in his.

"Baby?" Bentley asked.

"Jachito, Bent, Bailey, your sisters pregnant," Selena said as Emma shot her a weird look.

One by one the kid's faces turned into weird unreadable expressions.

"Wait, I'm going to be an auntie?" Bailey asked confused.

"Yes, baby girl," I said trying my best to smile.

I wanted to be supportive about all of this because I knew that Kate was probably overjoyed with the fact that Emma was pregnant but for some reason, I couldn't find myself happy about it. I don't know if it was Matt I wasn't too thrilled about or just the simple fact that my little girl was having a little child of her own. I guess I just hoped that she didn't end up in the same boat as me and Kate and it looks like she's following right in her footsteps. I thought she was a lot smarter than that.

-

The rest of the dinner went... well, I guess you could say. After we stopped talking about the pregnancy and Matt, everything was a little less uptight. Once the topic was dropped everyone because more relaxed as we were able to laugh and have a good time. Much to my surprise, even Selena was included in the fun. I assumed she wouldn't be that much of a joy tonight due to our fight this morning over the divorce but it seems to me that she had forgotten all about it.

We were all in the car on our way back home from the restaurant, with the radio playing when one of my old throwback songs came on the radio. I smiled proud and turned up Bad Day. I smiled singing along before looking over at Selena who was back to pouting and turns to shut me out once again.

I sighed and rolled my eyes not really wanting to fight especially in front of Bailey. I would be worried about Jachito and Bentley but they've seen it all so they know exactly what it's like when Selena and I fight.

*Selena's POV*

Listening to Justin's old throw back song only reminded me that today really was a bad day. First the fight with Justin over the secret divorce, then I find out not only is my step daughter pregnant but so am I! And on top of all that lovely mess I met my step daughter's baby daddy to find out his way too old for her and he already had children of his own. Yeah, overall this has been a very bad day.

So, me being me, I decided to ignore Justin due to the fact that I was still furious with him about that huge secret he had been keeping from me for over 10 years!

When we pulled up to the house, we all got out and since it was so late I decided now would be a good idea to but Bailey to bed, but it seems Justin had the same idea seeing he walked into the house first and went up the stairs to Bailey's room.

We tucked her in, each kissing her on the head and telling her goodnight before heading over to our room to have it out.

"Selena, are you going to ignore me for the rest of our marriage?" he asked fed up with me.

"Maybe, or maybe I'll just go do something huge like get a divorce and not bother to tell you that we are no longer married," I bit back annoyed with him.

"Okay, I understand that you are mad at me, and I can see why. I should have told you but I don't know what I was thinking to be honest. I messed up okay? I'll admit it. I'm not perfect. I make mistakes, and that was one of them. I just didn't want to lose you and in my head, if I got the divorce that was like me giving up on us. That was me saying that, we weren't going to get back together and I wasn't going to spend the rest of my life with you and I couldn't let that happen," he explained. "It may sound stupid but that's how it was for me. I know I should have talked to you and trust me I tried but that doesn't make it okay that I went behind your back and did that. I'm sorry."

I sighed and walked over to just, falling into his grasp and hold onto him tightly.

"I guess you're right. In a way that kind of led up to where we are today; madly in love. I'm sorry I was being so hard headed. Just don't do stuff like that anymore."

"I promise I will never, not get a divorce for us again," he said with a chuckle causing me to laugh.

"Let's just stick with no more divorces, instead?" I asked and he nodded while kissing me.

-

-

-

Authors note: I was going back and rereading the story when I noticed I only posted the very first part of part 6 so I went back and added the whole part if you want to go back and read that. Sorry. I'll try and be more careful. Also I know I have a lot of typos I'm sorry about that. I'm trying to go through and read and fix them but sometimes y'all read after than I can fix them. I'll try and start fixing them before I post. I wrote most of these on my iphone so autocorrect sometimes thinks it knows what I'm trying to say even though I said it right the first time but yeah sorry.