Part 11

Defying All Odds

Part 11

*Justin's POV*

"This is nice. I wish we could just stay like this all day like we used to before we had kids," Selena laughed lightly before rubbing her head deeper into my chest.

"I know those were the days. No responsibilities. No problems. Nothing to worry about. It was a much simpler time," I agreed closing my eyes as I tightening my hold on her.

"Do you remember when you proposed to me?" Selena voiced after a moment of silence.

"Which time?" I laughed causing her to giggle.

"The one in bed."

"Who knew that would be the cause of all this chaos. Imagine if I would have proposed one day earlier or even later. We would have never ran into Kate and I would have never found out about Emma."

"We would have never gotten a divorce and we wouldn't have Bentley or Jachito or Bailey," she said lifting her head off my chest to look at me.

I opened my eyes laughing lightly.

"What's so funny?" She asked with a scrunched up face.

"Okay so you remember when we got the divorce?" I asked laughing.

She nodded letting me go on.

"I never got the divorce," I laughed harder only for Selena to stare at me.

"What?" She asked with a blank face.

"I told the judge that we didn't want it anymore cause we worked it out. I just told you I got it."

"How could you lie to me like that? So basically the last 10 years of our marriage was a lie. I- I can't even deal with this right now," she said throwing the sheets off her body.

"Sel, it's not that big of a deal. We got remarried a little after anyway so what does it matter?" I asked sitting up in the bed.

"What does it matter?" She repeated huffing. "You lied to me. I trusted you with something and you lied about it!"

"It was years ago. It doesn't even matter. We ended up together anyway so what's the big deal?"

"I'm not dealing with you right now," she said, obliviously frustrated. "I'm leaving I'll be back... whenever I feel like," she said throwing her bag on her shoulder and walking out the bedroom door without looking back at me.

"Great going Justin," I said throwing my head back into the pillows.

"Daddy," I heard Bailey's voice say.

"What angel?" I asked not lifting my head up.

"Why was mommy crying when she left?" She asked innocently.

"She was crying?" I asked sitting up. I cussed under my breath grabbing my phone sliding it open and pushing Selena's name. I listened to the rings until I heard Selena's voice mail.

"Hey Sel, look I'm sorry about the way all this came out. I'm sorry okay. Just come home and we can talk it out. I love you. Please call me back," I sighed hanging up.

"Daddy can we go to the studio?" Bailey asked climbing onto the bed.

"But I don't have any new songs that need to be recorded," I said.

"Can I record one of yours or mommys songs?" She asked smiling.

Bailey always loved to be in the studio and working on the soundboard. She was definitely going to be a little musician. She was always singing around the house and in the shower and even in the car.

"Sure lets go check out what we got," I said scooping her up in my arms making her laugh.

*Selena's POV*

I sat in the car pulled inside the hospital parking lot letting myself cry. I knew that I shouldn't really be crying but they were tears of anger.

I wiped the tears in my eyes as I looked down at my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I asked Emma.

"I'm here. Where are you?" She asked.

"I'm on my way in. Sign in and I'll be right there," I said hanging up and fixing my make up really fast.

I wanted into the hospital and got up to the floor that I needed.

"Mom," she said with a smile standing up to hug me.

"Mom were you crying?" She asked leaning back to look at me.

"What? No of course not," I said faking a smile despite the fact that I was enraged with Justin.

"What did dad do?" She asked.

"It's between your father and me. Let's just get this over with please," I said as a nurse called her name.

-

"The baby looks healthy. Everything seems to be in order," the doctor said as Emma wiped the jelly off her non existent stomach.

"It looks like you'll be due in April. April 23," he said.

"I'm so sorry. I'm not feeling very good, will you excuse me," I said covering my mouth as I ran out the room to the nearest restroom.

I threw up everything from the day day before, before going back into the room.

"Mrs. Bieber, are you okay? If you're not feeling okay I can check you out. What other symptoms are you having?" He asked as I walked in the room.

"I'm okay. Just a little sickness," I said sitting back in the chair.

"Have you been emotional lately?" He asked.

"A little but it's about that time," I noted causing him to look at me.

"Have you not gotten your period yet?" He asked.

"No."

"Could you hop up on the bed for me?" He asked getting more jell as he put it on my lifted up shirt.

"Just as I expected, congratulations Mrs. Bieber, you're pregnant," he said unexpectedly.