Part 7

Defying All Odds

Part 7

*Selena's POV*

Hours had passed and I was still not talking to Justin and he made it clear that he was not talking to me either.

After looking out the peep hole and making sure the hallway was clear, I snuck out of the room with my suitcase in hand. If this was any other vacation beside a cruise I would have been on the first plane home, but seeing we were in the middle of nowhere I had no options.

I went to the next door knocking and thankfully, Bentley opened up.

"Mom?" he asked semi shocked to see me.

I walked in the room bringing my back with me. "Bailey sweetie, I need to switch rooms with you. You are going to be staying with your father while I stay with your brothers. Is that okay?" I asked rhetorically.

"So you're still fighting with dad?" Jachito asked with a saddened face.

"Of course not. We just need some space. You know how I get cabin fever. I need a change of scenery. Anyone up for pizza. I hear it's made to order upon the deck. Wanna check it out?" I asked changing the subject.

"How could she have heard that? She's been in her room for hours," Bentley said earning an elbow in the rib from Jachito.

"I wanna go mommy," Bailey said.

I held her hand as we all left the tiny room and headed up to the Sky deck.

"Want anything to drink?" I asked as we stopped along the way at the bar.

"Really?" Jachito and Bentley said at the same time.

"Soda," I corrected rolling my eyes. They sure were their father's sons.

"I'll have a frozen margarita and 3 cokes please," I said handing them my room key.

Once we all got our drinks we went to the pizza place to stand in line.

"Daddy!" Bailey said making me sigh and roll my eyes as he walked over to the kids.

"Hey kiddos, what are you guys doing up here? Back to swim?" he asked ignoring me, but that was fine by me.

In the middle of their conversation someone bumped into me causing my drink to go all over them.

"I am so sorry," he said.

I let out a small laugh. "I think I'm the one who should be sorry. My drink is all over you."

"But I wasn't watching. Can I buy you another drink?" he asked poiletly.

I smiled and nodded before I felt a hand go around my waste.

"Sorry buddy she's married," Justin said.

I scuffed and pealed his arm off of my throwing it down. "Actually you can. I'm not married," I said taking my wedding ring off and handing it to Justin. "I think you forget this. Maybe you can give it to Kate," I said bitterly before walking away with the guy.

*Justin's POV*

"Dad, are you going to let her walk away with another guy like that?" Jachito asked as we all stared at her walking away for the second time today.

"What am I supposed to do?" I asked looking down at her wedding ring.

"Fight for her. That's what she wants you to do. She wants to know what you really do care and that you really do want her."

"I think it's too far past that, son," I sighed.

"Do you love her?" he asked.

"More than anything," I said without even needing time to think.

"Then go fight."

"Watch your siblings," I said taking off in the direction I saw her walk in.

"Selena!" I called out over and over before I saw her laughing at the bar with the same guy.

"Selena," I said walking over, "I need to talk to you."

"Not now," she said turning back to the guy.

"It's about Emma," I said not thinking. "Something happened."

She excused herself from the guy pulling me to the side.

"What happened Justin?" she asked in a panic.

Me, being me, didn't think this far into the plan when I opened up my big mouth. "Uh, she, um, she's missing. We looked everywhere. She's not in the room and we can't find her."

"We have to find her. This is all my fault. I was too harsh," she said guiltily.

I know that this kind of looked bad. Okay, it looks really bad. Who lies about their kid going missing but I knew this was the only way she would give me the time of day to listen to what I had to say as we looked for her.

"The kids are looking on the deck and Kate's checking the pools. So why don't we start in the lounges?" I asked as she nodded in a panic.

"Sel, I'm sorry about everything," I said not knowing where to begin as we walked down the hallways to where all the different types of lounges and other things were.

"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have gone off like that, especially in front of the kids. I should have talked to you in private about how I was feeling. I don't know what got into me," she said popping her head into the different rooms.

"I shouldn't have said what I said to you back at the room. And hold on," I said lightly grabbing her arm turning her too look at me. "Selena, I love you more than anything in this world. I would never ever pick anymore over you. Kate, she means less than nothing to me. She's nothing more than Emma's biological mother. She will never be more than that. And this," I said pointing to my wedding ring, "this relationship means more to me than you will ever know. I'm really sorry that you were feeling that way. I really wish you would have told me. Next time you feel like that, talk to me okay? I'm on your side, forever."

"Can I have my ring back?" she asked smiling a little.

I nodded and slid it back onto her hand. "No more fighting. This is supposed to be fun, so let's start having fun," I said lacing my fingers through hers.

"What about Emma?" she asked.

"She was never lost. I just needed to get you to listen to me and that was the only way I could think of."

"Jay," she scolded hitting my chest lightly. "You could have given me a heart attack."

"No more. I Promise," I said kissing her with a smile on my lips.