Part 5

Defying all odds

Part 5

*Justin's POV*

It had been 5 weeks since Emma moved out and I've only hear from her once.

Thankfully thought, today was the day of our cruise and this would be the first time seeing Emma in about 6 weeks. But now she would be forced on a boat with us and her room with Kate was right next to mine and Selena's which is next to the kids.

"Everyone have everything they need?" I asked as I threw the last of the back of the SUV.

Everyone nodded and got into the car to down to Galveston where we had flown just the day before.

Once we all go to the docks we all got out and I handed everyone their bag.

"Babe I can carry my own bag," Selena said stealing the rollie suitcase from me.

Together, Selena, Jachito, Bentley, Bailey and I dragged all out luggage to the big building we went through showing them all our paperwork before we were finally allowed on the boat.

"WHOA!" All the kids said in unison as we made it on the boat.

"This is crazy!" Jachito said with wide eyes.

"Come on let's put our bag in the rooms before we go and check everything out," Selena said handing out our cruise cards.

"Hold on let me say one thing. You do everything with this card so do not lose it! And also as of right now there is no limit how much you can spend on the card but don't abuse it and make me change it because I will," I said sternly as everyone nodded. "Except you baby. You can do whatever you want," I said smiling against her lips.

"Ew okay can we go?" Bentley said covering his eyes.

We all picked up our bag heading over to the elevator to take us to our room.

"I also still expect you to sign. That goes for everyone," Selena said making all of us groan.

"But mom it's so much easier to talk," Bailey complained.

"I don't care. We are signing. It's good to know how to do it and if you don't use it you will forget," she said as the elevator opened up to our floor.

"There so many doors," Bent said.

"Find the 300s," I said as we drug our suitcases down the long corridor.

"Uh, dad there's no way this is the room we are staying in," Bentley said as he opened the door to their room.

"Welcome to normal," I said with a laugh. "Hey at least you have a balcony."

"Justin their room is really small," Selena said coming into our room. "This room isn't the biggest either."

"Sel, we are going to be just like normal people on this trip. Were lucky we were able to get this ship for such short notice. Most people book a year or more in advanced."

*Selena's POV*

"Can we go look around now?" Bailey asked sweetly.

"Sure sweetie," I said smiling. "Jay we good to go?"

"Yeah. Let's stop at Emma's room and ask if they want to go with us. They should be here by now," he said making sure he had his card.

We left out room and knocked on the door next to ours where unfortunately, Kate was staying.

"Hey we were just about to look around the boat and wanted to know its you guys wanted to come," Justin said once someone opened the door.

"Sure," Kate said making me roll my eyes.

"Be nice," Jachito said in my ear.

"I am older than you, you know," I said making him laugh and kiss my cheek.

"Mom, I don't think I've ever thanked you for this life you've given me. I really do appreciate it. If I was still back in Haiti and I never got adopted I probably would have died so thank you. You guys have offered me so many opportunities that I couldn't have dreamed of, so thank you."

I smiled and pulled him into a hug despite the fact he was much, much taller than I was. "We wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I can't even imagine this family without you. Your parents would have been so proud of you," I said into his chest.

"What's going on here?" Justin asked with Kate hot on his heels.

"Nothing," I said with a smile as I grabbed Jachito and Justin's hands. "It's good to see you Emma. You look really good."

She muttered a thank you before falling into the back of the small crowd we had going.

Jachito carried Bailey in his hip as we all walked to the elevator going to the deck.

"This place is crazy!" Bentley said making all of us laugh.

"Oh before we leave I wanted to tell y'all the plan," Justin said. "So as you know we dock in Jamaica, the Canaan islands, and Mexico. Well now we are doing excursions at everyplace so don't plan anything we are all doing it together," he said emphasizing the all.

"Ugh! I had plan!" Emma groaned.

"Not anymore," Justin said with a smile. "Oh and by the way as soon as the boat takes off you lose internet access so we are all forced to bond and I'm not paying for you to have internet so when we get back in the room all cellphones go into the drawer until the trip is over."

My eyes, along with everyone else's, grew as he told us this. "Justin baby let's be rational about this. No internet for a week? You know how I feel. If I get my ties to the outside world cut off I will get cabin fever."

"I'm sorry Sel. We need to be spending time with each other not our phones. Rules are rules and they go for everyone."