Papa From Senegal

Start from the beginning

"We got three weeks until the Inter High preliminaries." Hyuuga continued. "We fell one step short last year, but we'll definitely go this year. We'll be facing a lot of strong schools, but our biggest and strongest opponent is Shutoku High." At the name 'Shutoku High', Tamaki tensed, and Kagami noticed this. "Last year, they were in the nation's top eight. On top of that, just like Kaijo, they had one of the Generation of Miracles join their team. If we can't beat them, we won't make it to the Nationals."

'If we play against the Generation of Miracles, it'll be the championship game.' Kagami thought, glancing at his own list, then looking at his shorter and smaller teammate beside him who seemed to be in deep thought – who the hell could tell with that expressionless look on her face? "Tamaki, you know who he is, don't you?" Kagami felt very foolish the moment the question had left his lips. Hell, the girl played on the same team with them for three years. Of course she would know who they are!

Tamaki glanced at the redhead. "I doubt that you would believe me even if I told you," she replied. "However, as Kise-kun said, the other four are on an entirely different level, as compared to him. And if they've gotten even better from the last time that I've seen them, then I cannot even begin to imagine just how good they are now."

"By the way, where's the coach?" Tsuchida wondered, glancing around the gym.

"She went to observe our first opponent's practice game." Hyuuga answered, and as if on cue, the doors of the gym swung opened, and Riko stepped in, looking no different from before. But Tamaki who is sharper and much more observant than most people noticed the slight tensing of muscles in the older girl, and wondered what could have made her so.

"I'm back."

"She was skipping after the Kaijo game, but she's not skipping today." Kawahara commented.

"Coach, are you gonna skip today?" Furihata asked innocently.

Poor guy didn't realise that just with his 'innocent' question, he had riled up the sleeping dragon.

"Like hell I will!" Riko hissed, and the entire team could almost see imaginary fire behind their coach.

"She wouldn't act like an idiot over an official game." Hyuuga reprimanded the freshmen even as Riko walked up by his side, placing her bag down on the floor. "But you do seem unhappy." He told the girl. "Are they good?"

Riko's mood seemed to darken even further at these words. "We shouldn't even be worrying about Shutoku when our first match isn't looking good," she said grimly. "One of their players might give us trouble. You can watch the video later." She said as she handed her red cellphone to Hyuuga. "Take a look at this picture."

Hyuuga flipped opened the cellphone, and out of pure curiosity, the rest of the team crowded around the bipolar captain. A picture of an adorable brown and white kitten peered back at them, apparently having just woken up from a nap.

"I-It's cute, but…"

"Sorry, it's the next one." Riko groaned.

"The next one?" Hyuuga went to the next picture, and his entire countenance, along with the entire team, changed immediately as the picture of a foreigner with dark skin and a shaven head appeared on the screen.

"His name's Papa Mbaye Siki. Two meters tall. Weighs 87 kilograms. He's a foreign student from Senegal."

All four second years have the exact same expression on their faces, even the usual impassive Mitobe whose expressionless face is enough to match Tamaki's.

"Senegal? He's huge. Two meters?" Hyuuga gaped.

"Can they even do this?" Koganei wondered.

"He's studying aboard?" Izuki spluttered. "Sorry, but where's Senegal?"