Your Next Opponent Is...

"Not one of us had ever thought that winning will be easy." - Hyuuga Junpei

* * * *

Two days after the match with Kirisaki Dai Ichi can find all of Seirin relaxing in the hot springs of a small hotel. Riko had all but dragged her entire team there, seeing as how all of them needed it after the numerous injuries that they've sustained during the match against Kirisaki Dai Ichi.

"Kagami, you shouldn't let your towel touch the water." Izuki reprimanded, seeing Kagami's towel float to the top of the water thanks to the water pressure.

"What? Really?"

Across them, Koganei who was relaxing in the warm waters near Mitobe who had his eyes closed in contentment sighed, setting a folded towel atop his head. "Ah, viva-non," he almost purred.

"What's viva-non?" Kiyoshi wondered, looking over at Koganei.

"Who cares?" Hyuuga scoffed from beside Izuki, leaning back against one of the rocks. "Idiots."

"Your remarks are lacking bite, Hyuuga." Izuki teased.

"Of course they are." Hyuuga sighed, stretching his arms to get the kinks and knots out of his body, sighing in relief at feeling the stress and tension seep out. "After all, we're at the hot springs."

"Riko can be smart sometimes." Kiyoshi mumbled, rubbing the warm moisture on his hands over his eyes.

"Yeah." Tsuchida nodded. "Taking us to the hot springs to refresh ourselves."

"Tomorrow we're going right back to practice though." Hyuuga pointed out, reminding his team that they've still got upcoming matches for the Winter Cup to worry about. "Don't lose focus."

"I know."

Meanwhile, Koganei seems to be a little too excited for having the hot springs all to themselves, and started swimming rapidly through the spring, throwing up waves behind him as he did so.

"Look! Look! I'm doing the butterfly!" Koganei shouted as he swam.

Izuki sighed at the most eccentric member of their little family. There are times when he had thought that he might just be the sanest member of their team. "I knew you'd do it, but don't do the wildest stroke," he reprimanded.

The freshmen trio on the other hand decided that they have enough of the heat and have decided to get out, tying towels around their waists as they did so. "Let's go over there." Furihata suggested, gesturing towards the Jacuzzi.

"Hey you!" Hyuuga snapped as he got up from the water, with the entire team seeing more of their hot-headed captain than they ever wanted to see. "Don't tastelessly wear your towels around your waists! Look at Kagami." He pointed a finger at the tall redhead, only to twitch as he realised that the redhead is wearing a pair of dark blue swim trunks.

"Huh?" Kagami was confused as he stared at a twitching Hyuuga, wondering what he'd done now. He then stared back at the swimming trunks that he had on. "Oh. I've never been to hot springs before." He admitted. And of course, for having spent most of his life in America, he shouldn't have the chance to visit a hot springs before.

"Kids from aboard..." Hyuuga moaned. "Fine then." He then moved over to the washing station and sat down on the wooden stool. "Underclassmen wash their seniors' backs." He ordered.

"Huh?" Kagami deadpanned.

"You just want to make him do it." Izuki deadpanned whilst leaning back against the rocks, not willing to move from his warm and comfortable spot.