I Don't Understand

I sat in the cage with Fire thinking of how to get out of here. I was crying and Fire was hugging me.

“Why are you crying?” Fire asked.

I-I I stuttered. I left my family to save you and they were always there for me they always supported me, and I left them, and I barley even know you, I said yelling.

Fire looked at me with glassy eyes. Are you saying that you’re not my friend? After all I have done for you Claire.

I looked back at him whimpering and yelling the only thing you did for me is protect me from this stupid world and make me curious to tell everyone and look were that got me. They all think I am crazy! You made me bust my butt to save you and I lost everything my grades, my family, and my friends all because of this obsession over this dumb stupid tree. I lowered my voice. This tree did all this to me that is why I am so miserable this tree is… I stopped. I am sorry I yelled at you Fire you are my only friend.

He was looking down and he looks up with tears in his eyes. All this time Claire I thought you were my friend. Well guess what, you just lost one.

Fire I am sorry I shouldn’t have said those things to you its Kung Jay Mun making us fight and tomorrow he’ll probably kill me anyway.

The look on Fires eyes looked like he accepted my apology. He came closer and I said I won’t let him kill you.

Thanks Fire I said while hugging him.

I heard a loud dragging noise.

Kung Jay Mun came back in the room and so did his guards they were dragging a large heavy metal cage. Another guard was carrying a large metal collar with some tracking device on it. At this point I knew it wasn’t going to be good I was shaking and whimpering. Fire was also scared. The metal collar around his neck was the collar they are going to put around my neck.

Now human! You will now know what it feels like to be tortured. I promise I won’t kill you though, just torture you.” Kung Jay Mun said in a hissing voice.

I acted brave and stood up in the cage. Sir Kung Jay Mun I said I am sorry my kind hurt you like that but Sir I never hurt you, so why are you hurting me?

He hissed, how dare you try to persuade me child?! He said while blowing fire out of his mouth. Lower down the human and dragon’s cage he said to the dragon guard.

The dragon guard nodded their head.

I felt the cage shaking and lowering I was getting nervous but I thought to myself be brave.

I am not your animal! I screamed and you are not going to get that collar on my neck. So don’t even try it I yelled.

He opened the cage cautiously. I hopped on Fire’s back and he tried to fly but fell down right in front of Kung Jay Mun. Kung looked at him and hissed.

“Pathetic!” You poor little dragon with an injured wing and can’t fly a useless human around!" he said sarcastically.

Fire was trying to get up shaking as he tried to push himself up. He moaned.

"Ha that’s what I do when I capture a dragon you at least injure one of their wings and boom you have them haha!" Said Kung.

I looked up at him with an evil eye. I was down on my knees hovering over Fire.

"You little stupid mean dragon!" I said yelling at him.

"This dragon hasn’t done anything to you! And you put a stupid collar around his neck and you broke his wing!" I said yelling. Fire looked up at me and sighed.

"He has done something. He saved YOU." Kung said with a evil hiss in his voice. 

I didnt understand why he hated me.