Help Fire

Chapter 11 Help Fire.

The nurse came in. “What’s the problem?” she asked.

“No problem,” I said. “Help Fire.”

“Fire?” She asked.

“The dragon…. duh.” I said.

“She is going crazy, she is delusional” my dad said.

“No, I am not nurse! I went out this one night and went to see a tree and it opened a portal and threw me in it and I landed in this weird world.”

Um….. She said panicking

A crazy plan hatched in my head and I knew they would believe me if I could just show them the portal. So, I jumped out of my bed knowing I would upset them. They called the staff in and I dodged them and kicked the door to the ambulance open and I didn’t hesitate to jump. I hated leaving them because they always had been there to help me. They all gasped and stopped the ambulance. Fire meant a lot to me and I couldn’t have him harmed, so I risked everything to save him. I was dodging traffic, then finally I got on the sidewalk. I heard the ambulance turn back around. The ambulance was catching up to me. I kept running. Then finally I arrived at school. I ran as fast as I could to the tree. Everyone in the ambulance got out. They were looking at me like what the hell are you doing. I was panting. I went near the tree and nothing happened. I freaked out as they came closer to me.

 “Wait! Come back at night.” I said, while backing up.

They walked up to me and grabbed my arms and pulled me away from the tree. “I am not crazy.” I yelled.  “Just wait until it gets dark.” “Please, Fire needs me.”

They looked at me. “I don’t know if this is real or not.” “If something happens at night then we won’t accuse you of being crazy but if nothing happens, you need serious help.” The doctor said. They all left except for my parents. They sat there with me waiting for the sun to set.

“Honey?” My dad said. “You know your acting crazy right?”  “That was a bad thing to do escaping the ambulance.”

My mom was crying. “Our daughter is crazy.” She said.

I patted her on the back. “Mom, I am not crazy.” I said.

The sun finally set. I got up slowly to show them.

“Wait.” “This can’t be real.” Dad said.

I got closer to the tree then finally it grabbed me. My parents were freaked out and their faces turned white. As the portal opened their faces turned even whiter. It dropped me in and all I could hear was the screaming of my parents as I fell in. I landed in the Necropolis and I was hoping they would follow. I didn’t hear anything. Why wouldn’t they come I thought, do they not care? I started to tear up at the thought, I quickly wiped the tears away with my sleeve and sniffed. No, no tears, I must save Fire. I started walking down the ramp into the burnt ash city. Being cautious as I could and hiding in bushes as I made my way to the stone lava castle. I saw the dragon guards standing fiercely outside the castle watching for any movement. I made my move and walked bravely toward them.