Town in Terror

I made a vow to stop cutting that night Chris said he'd spend the week with me. It was a terrible idea to start cutting in the first place and it just got easier and easier to do so. The only difference now, was that I had a lovely guy in my life.

I figured since Chris had officially dropped out of school, I'd just ditch this whole week so I'd be able to spend more time with him. Satisfied with my decision, I took my time getting ready. I put on a crazy pair of red plaid skinny jeans and a glittery, black tank top.

My cellphone started to ring, so I dashed over my bed and grabbed it from my nightstand. A ridiculous grin washed across my face when I realized who was calling. My stomach was overloaded with butterflies. I took a deep breath and pressed the talk button, "Hello?"

"Hi baby, it's me. I just wanted to let you know that I'll be at your house in twenty minutes. Is that okay?"

"Thats perfect, Chris. I'll see you then."

"Good. I love you!"

"I love you too," I giggled.

Today, Chris and I were going to go into town and have a nice day together. It was a truly new experience for me to feel important. Never in my life had I ever felt appreciated, let alone wanted. Chris just made my life so much better.

The doorbell rang and I bounced down the stairs and opened the door for my prince charming. He stepped inside and gave me a kiss. It was a cute little moment but it didnt last long. It was interrupted by the sound of bottles breaking. I knew my mom was drunk again and I knew she would get out of control with Chris here.

"Ready to go?" I asked Chris.

He gave me a huge smile, "I was born ready." We both laughed and began to walk to his car.

Chris walked me to the passenger side of his slightly older model Honda sedan and, like a true gentleman, opened the door for me. I couldn't help but notice how great he looked. His black jeans fit him perfectly and his black shirt wasn't ripped or stained. Even his hair was straightened and his teeth looked super white. He really was the man of my dreams.

"So," he said. "where did you want to go first?"

Wow, he was even asked for my opinion. "I'm not sure. I'm pretty flexible. Why don't you surprise me?"

"So I can take you anywhere I want?"

"Of course! As long as we're together, I don't care where we go."

"Alrighty, babe. I know just where we're going then."

It took us about an hour to drive down town. When we arrived at the first stop, I was completely speechless. I couldn't believe he had brought me here.