Get a Move On

Filled with fear, I tried to stay calm to ensure we could all get out of my house safely. I could hear my mother yelling downstairs and worried she would come up and hurt us. I remembered the safety plan I had made a few years back, there was a rope ladder under my bed and I could attach it to the window and lower us all out the back before she saw us. As fast as I could, I ran to my bedroom door, locked it, and rushed to the rope ladder. I flung open my window and fastened it to the window, urging Ryan and Balz to go first, grabbing my bags and getting to the car safely. Chris went next, trying to get me to go first but I refused. I could hear the footsteps of the demon herself coming up the stairs. She must have seen my door was closed because she immediately began beating her fists into it like a drum. Without another thought, I rushed down the ladder, meeting Chris at the bottom, both of us running to the car. Ryan and Balz had already put my bags in the trunk and were in the car. I jumped into the passenger seat, Chris into the driver's seat, jamming the key into the ignition.

All of us breathing heavy, sweating from the panic and stress, we were on the road finally. Relief flowed through me as I realized that that was the last time I would ever have to enter my house again. The chains had been broken and I felt a sense of freedom. Once the mood in the car changed from panic to something a little calmer, I broke the ice. 'Well Balz, Ryan, thanks for coming. Your support means a lot.' I smiled and turned around in my seat to face them. 'Oh yeah, and thanks for the tour pass. I can promise you that I'll do my best and you won't regret your decision.' Ryan looked a bit unsure about what to say. Balz looked over and saw that.

'Well, Rae, I'm sure I can speak for both Ryan and I when I say that we're glad your okay and that we know you'll do a great job. Work hard, okay?'

I grinned, knowing I had at least just gained Balz approval, 'I won't let you down.'

Safely back at Chris's apartment, I brought in my bags and set them on the floor by the door. 'Well, I'm packed, I guess I'll help you now.'

Chris looked at me with bulging eyes, 'dude, you are bringing all that? I don't think so. One suitcase and a backpack per person.'

'For real?' Wow, I wasn't expecting that.

'For real, babe. There's no big fancy tour bus, just a trailer and fifteen-passenger van.'

'I guess tour is gonna be harder than I anticipated. Guide me, what do I bring?'

'Ok,' Chris instructed. 'Its a full month and half of touring so you're gonna need to fit two weeks of clothes in the suitcase. I'll let you in on a secret, on tour, you can wear the same clothes for a week in a row and no one will know.'

I sighed, 'alright, two weeks it is.'

'Glad we're on the same page now, aha. By the way, don't get cheeky and out clothes in the backpack as well. Save that for little non-essential items like your laptop and extra socks.'

I giggled, 'alright, baby, I get it.'

With all our packing done, we got into bed. Dreading the 3AM wake up call, we'd only get 4 hours of sleep. Just as Chris turned out the lights he turned to me, 'oh and babe? As a little extra motivation for the guys to let you on tour, I said you'd drive the van a couple times a week.'

'Ya know, I love you so much that I'm not even mad,' I giggled. Chris turned off the light and hugged me tight, kissing my forehead.

'Good night, my love.'

I couldn't believe I was going out on tour with Motionless. I was going to get away from everything that killed me here. It was great to have a man I love, and a man that loves me, but it's even better that I am getting out of this town. I'll be with my love, rocking out every night - working, but still having a good time. Years of hate had bound me into a life of sorrow, and now I was releasing the anchor that had held me down for so long. I was about to have the time of my life. Nothing would stop me this time.