First of the Generation of Miracles!

Start from the beginning

Tamaki said nothing for several moments as she tugged her earphones out of her ears. “Someone came,” she said, but she said nothing more than that.

“And?” Koganei asked her as Tamaki didn’t elaborate more on the issue.

Tamaki gave a small sigh as she looked up at the three juniors – Izuki, Hyuuga and Koganei. “It was after an…incident had happened at Teiko,” she said slowly, rubbing at her left wrist, despite it being covered by a black wristband. “The reporter that came was pretty aggressive, and the other guys didn’t like how he kept following me around. Let’s just say that they took care of that issue.”

‘Poor guy!’ The three juniors thought in unison, feeling sorry for the poor reporter.

“And besides, I’m nothing like the other five.” Tamaki continued. “Because they’re true prodigies.”

Fukuda Hiroshi, one of the three other freshmen that had joined the basketball team alongside Kagami and Tamaki burst into the changing room just then. “She’s back! The coach is back!” he said. “We’re gonna play a practice match.”

“I wonder who we’re playing?” Hyuuga wondered. 

“I have no idea…” Fukuda mused. “But she was skipping for some reason though.”

Hyuuga paled instantly. “She was skipping?” he nearly screeched in horror, his voice going two octaves higher than usual. “Be careful, everyone…” He warned, looking around at all the faces currently present in the changing room, and Tamaki looked on curiously. “If she’s skipping, our next opponent’s gonna be real tough.”

* * * * 

“I know, Akashi-cchi.” A cheerful blonde said, his cellphone pressed to one ear even as he paused in front of Seirin High’s school gates. “Oh? Is this it?” He took a glance at the sign of the school. “Yep. Looks like it.” He then turned his attention back to the caller on the other end of the line. “Don’t worry so much. I’ll check up on Tamacchi for you.”

He then ended the call, slipping his cellphone back into his pocket. The blonde had on a gray blazer over his white school uniform, with a dark brown tie tied loosely around it – a contrast as compared to Seirin High’s black vest and trousers for the boys, with a white collared shirt beneath.

“So this is Seirin?” he wondered, looking at the pristine clean school. “New and pristine, just like I expected.” The blonde then grinned, walking into the school, seemingly unaware of the adoring looks and love struck eyes that the many Seirin girls were giving him.

* * * *

Tamaki gave a small sigh as she listened to her teammates ‘awing’ over Kagami’s new move that he’d performed on Izuki who had attempted to block the redhead from scoring earlier. She brushed a lock of hair out of her forehead even as she thought about the conversation that she had with her new partner that night. 

“From what I’ve seen, you wouldn’t even reach their feet.” Tamaki told Kagami bluntly.

“That’s what I said, but…” Tamaki mused, sneaking a look at her companion who looked irritated.

“Alright, everyone! Gather around!” Riko ran into the court just then, a look of excitement on her face, even as the team assembled themselves around their coach. “I’ve managed to get us a practice match against Kaijo High School next week!” She beamed, and clouds and flowers almost appeared around her head. 

Unfortunately, not all of the team shared the same enthusiasm that their coach does.

Hyuuga’s face was one of horror. “A practice game against Kaijo High School?” he almost croaked.