Chapter 1

Hey readers. I even hate reading these. But just for your information, this story consists of some characters from real life. They will be introduced as the story proceeds. 

Till then read, vote, and comment.

Thank you 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   

The sky is full of clouds today. I don't know why but I just love the clouds. Just when I was thinking it can't get any better, it started to drizzle. I have a very old habit, as soon as the sun sets over the horizon, I like to spend my time on the terrace looking at the sky. It's so peaceful out here, I love the way how the sky changes its colors, and with little water droplets falling on my cheeks, I feel so good.

Oh sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Amy, Amy Smith. I am a painter by profession and I had recently shifted to Sicily, Italy. I stay alone here, technically I should say that but NO I don't stay alone. I stay on rent here with the landlord and landlady, Mr. and Mrs. Romano who love me a lot, as their daughter. I love them too because I never had parents. I was raised in a foster home. So within a short span of time, they had become my family. 

Recently, a relative of my landlord passed away, and today they have a Prayer meeting scheduled for him this evening. Although I am on the terrace I know Mrs. Romano is going to call me downstairs soon. I don't know why she always asks me to have my hair tied during the evening whenever I am on the terrace. Although I find it weird, she loves me a lot so I just do what she asks me to do. I don't want to bother her with my unnecessary questions. 

Thinking about all this, as I got up and started walking towards the stairs, suddenly a cool breeze went kissing my cheeks. It felt good. For a moment I forgot that I had to go down and just kept standing there, I don't even remember what I started thinking. I shook my head off but as soon as I thought of going downstairs again, a very different yet beautiful smell hit my nose. But there is no plant or tree around as per my knowledge that may give off this scent. Then where is it coming from?? It felt as if something doesn't want me to go downstairs. I again kept standing there admiring the view and inhaling the scent.

Suddenly I heard Mrs. Romano calling me, "Amy, come downstairs honey." Now, I didn't delay anymore, I didn't look back to the sky, and I ran downstairs.

After the Prayer Meeting

I had a passion for sketching and painting since childhood. I am painting for a long time but I never thought that I would be able to turn around the wheel and make my passion turn into my profession.

After the looooooong prayer meeting got over we had dinner. After dinner, while helping Mrs. Romano with chores I requested her to come to my room, "I want to show you a sketch. I have sketched a portrait of a guy for the very first time too without seeing. Every one says it looks very realistic. Please come and have a look."

As she came to my room I took out the sketch and while showing it to her I said, "See, this is my future husband." She called Mr. Romano too and they both admired the sketch. They both said, "It looks very real, we hope your wishes do come true." My cheeks flushed. I put the sketch inside the cupboard and then we all went back to the drawing-room and sat on the sofa and kept talking for a long time. We all had a nice time after a few days.

 We all had a nice time after a few days

After a few hours, Mrs. Romano realized it is past bedtime and we should all get to bed. They went to their room and I came to mine. I decided I should sleep too but today I don't feel sleepy. It's already past midnight and I usually sleep around 10 pm, but today, I don't feel sleepy at all.

I started changing sides on my bed. I checked my phone and saw it was already 3 am and I still don't feel sleepy. "What should I do? What is going on with me?", while thinking I again changed sides...

 "No, I can't do this anymore", suddenly I felt an urge inside me so I stood up and went towards the window and without thinking anymore I opened it. It's a little windy out there, and again I could smell the same fragrance. This time it felt intoxicating. It seems like it is spread all over my room. I like this smell, it's like I can never get enough of it, but I still don't feel sleepy. I started pacing up and down in my room.

Suddenly my gaze fell upon the sketch I drew, it's still on the desk. I vividly remember that I placed the sketch inside my cupboard, but then how did it come out of it? I went near it and held it up. Now All I can see is his face and his eyes. I have a weird feeling that I have seen this man before. I kept looking into his eyes, I am pretty sure that I have seen these eyes before but I don't remember where. Where I have seen this man? Is it just my imagination? This is the first time I have sketched something out of my imagination, but now I am confused that maybe it's not just an imagination. 

He has slopy yet mesmerizing eyes, it seems like there is a lot hidden in those eyes like they want to say something to me, but what? Who is this guy? I kept staring at those eyes, and a tear rolled out of my right eye. It forced me to think, "What am I thinking, what is going on with me. And why am I crying? This sketch has something else in it. It attracts me a lot, it seems like the sketch, the guy, and his eyes want to speak to me like they have a lot to tell me. It's like he is someone I know but can't remember who, and that someone wants to talk to me. No, I am done with this. I am just hallucinating, I really need to get some sleep." 

With all these still going on in my mind, I walked back to my bed. I decided I need to sleep so I took the sleeping pills out of the cabinet near my bed, gulped one, and I slept off.