Grabbing her pocketknife Bunny quickly slits his Achilles tendons making him scream in pain again before turning towards the woman. She doesn’t hurry towards her as approaches slowly, building up the anticipation. When she’s about to reach her a voice yells out making Bunny freeze mid-stride.

“No! Please, don’t kill my mom!”

Bunny turns her emotionless mask towards the boy who is sitting against a wall with blood running down his face and a bruised up eye. His blue eyes glitter in the light but he sees also exhausted from the beating he has just taken. Bunny tilts her head looking at him.

“She…she’s been with him a long time. She doesn’t know any better.” He sighs, his eyes lid getting heavier.

“Levi, you can’t reason with this monster! They’ll kill your father!”

“He’ll kill us, mom.” He snaps back.

Bunny can’t help but feel amused by this exchange.

“If you try to kill him you’ll have to go through me!” The woman shrieks before charging. Bunny doesn’t even flinch before kicking the woman in the stomach making her fall back. Gesturing for Levi to go to his mother Bunny clutches her pocketknife tighter before walking over to the man on the floor withering in pain.

She closes her eyes and when she opens them the man’s wide scared eyes are the same murky brown as his rather then the blurry blue they were

She straddles his chest before stabbing the man in the throat making him gurgle as blood spills from the stab wound. Her arm muscles strain under her hoodie sleeves as she pulls the knife across his neck making him into a human Pez dispenser. Yanking the knife back out she gets sprayed with blood across her mask and she can’t stop the sadistic grin that spreads underneath it on her real face.

“Is he dead?” A quiet deep voice asks.

Bunny turns around from her place on the dead man’s chest and nods once.

The boy, Levi, sighs before looking at her through his dark lashes with large blue eyes. His dark brown hair tickles the lashes as he looks at her with what she’s never seen on a person’s face while looking at her, relief.

“Thank you.” He whispers.

Though she internally flinches in surprise at his words she outwardly keeps her composure. Nodding once again she walks towards him again surprised when he doesn’t step back or flinch away from her approach. She looks over to the left to see the woman lying in the kitchen seemingly unconscious.

“She doesn’t know any better.” Levi mutters almost more to himself.

Bunny just looks at him through her mask before walking to her backpack by the front door and grabbing her Polaroid camera. She doesn’t look at Levi but she can feel his eyes on her as she walks over towards the man and flashes the camera at him. The black square shoots from it and she shakes it before turning back to Levi who is watching her with wide eyes.

Without a word she reaches into her hoodie pocket and gives him a white card with two words written on it, her signature left behind, and a nod.

+

Levi looks down at the plain white card the strange person has handed him and feels his stomach drop. He’s not stupid; he’s seen the news reports about The Bunny Face Killer. He knew it was Bunny Face when he saw him or her walk in. in fact he’s not sure if it’s a woman or man but he’s leaning more towards a woman. The way she walks and the hint of a bust line when she was in action told him as much.

Levi looks at the card again before dropping it to the ground but the words still haunt him all the same.

Be good.

+

As Rosemary, now herself steps out of the shower she can’t help but repeat the boy’s words in her head over and over again.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

He thanked her.

Warmth spreads as her chest flutters.

She feels her mouth twitch a bit as she replays his face in her mind.

Levi.

Perhaps she’ll take a closer look at him.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, Are you getting Bunny's M.O. a bit more? She also is now interested in Levi. Feel excited or sorry for him? 

VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW!