13 ||

Chapter 13

       I paced the staff room until I was sure there were steam coming from the soles of my feet. My mind was racing so fast I didn't have the chance to figure out what I was trying to think of, I was just a scared mess pacing the floors like a mad woman.

How and why did I get myself in to these situations? I blamed Aaron for being so damn attractive and irresistible. Why was I the one who had to fall in to the trap of that face and body?

Couldn't it have been Sarah?

Shit, no. The thought of that made me almost recoil. Was I jealous? Probably. As far as the sex goes, he was all mine for that. It was wrong to say it but he had to be, I wouldn't allow him to sleep with anyone else, even though I doubted he could locked behind bars.

That was selfish of me to say, of course, and if he felt any thing like I did, he was probably going out of his mind. I had security in some way and he had none, he only had my word.

When did things start to get so fucked up? And so quickly too.

Suddenly, the door opened. I jumped and had to stifle a small scream.

"Jumpy today, aren't we?" Sarah came in to the room with a distracted look on her face. She made her way to the coffee machine like a woman on a mission.

"I'm fine." I replied. I tried not to snap at her, she was my friend after all and the only one I really had here so far. Yet, I was on edge, I was anxious and full of emotion.

"You sure?" She pressed as she pressed a few buttons on the machine.

I pulled the chair back and sat down. I was trying to calm myself before Sarah would catch on to my distress. I know she wouldn't let it go, once she had that vibe, she was going to get it out of you.

That petrified me.

But I was already petrified. Petrified for my job, my life. It seemed as if everything was bubbling inside of me and I was just ready to let it all out.

I couldn't, though. I was trying not to.

"How's your day going so far?" I changed the subject. Sarah sighed.

"I'm ready to go home, Chlo."

"One of them days, hey." I fake laughed. I hadn't meant to seem so forceful and unhappy, but I must have given that impression as Sarah frowned.

"Chloe, are you really okay?" She grabbed her mug of coffee and sat in the seat opposite me. My heart started to pound even more.

I was already a rubbish liar. I had lied for so long, or so it seemed, I felt like it was a part of me now. Those bubbles were getting stronger by the day inside of me, and I was so scared I was going to burst.

"I'm just tired." I replied.

"I'm not convinced." She pushed.

Bubbling, bubbling, bubbling inside. I was going to burst, I was going to tell her.

"I promise I'm fine." I pressed further. Please believe me, Sarah. I will regret telling you, I know it.

"You know you can tell me anything..."

Please, Sarah, don't push me.

"...you know I'll always have your back..."

Sarah.

"...and I never judge, I'll never judge you."

"I'm sleeping with Aaron King." I blurted loudly. Once the words were out of my mouth, I started to cry.