Chapter 6: The Park

Start from the beginning

"If that's okay with you, then sure. I would love to."

"Alright."

The two continued walking through the park. A slight breeze had picked up and ruffled Ace's hair. It felt cool against her skin. "I really like walking out when the weather's cool like this."

Kai grinned at her. "I like taking strolls around as well. There's something liberating about it, especially with all the stress that's building up and all. The cold air is perfect for one of these walks."  

"Yes! Exactly how I feel about this." The female exclaimed. Then as she looked back at him, her attention was drawn to a black strap slung across his chest, attached to a box-shaped bag. She recognized one of these bags.

"Do you like photography?"

Slightly astonished, he pushed his glasses up higher on the bridge of his nose. "Yeah, I do. Did you ask because of my bag?"

"Yes. I had a friend back in my old high school that loved taking pictures. She carried a camera with her all the time."

Glancing at the black bag, he considered showing the female some of his pictures. "It must be really nice. Are you interested in it? Seeing some of the pictures I took, I mean."

The girl beamed at his offer. "Yes! Can I?"

Kai grinned happily. "Of course." Then his smile tugged down a bit as he came to realization that he shouldn't keep the people at the cafe waiting for him longer. "I forgot, I have to meet people at the cafe. Maybe another time?"

Ace frowned. "If that's the case, then you shouldn't keep them waiting." She then smiled. "Yes, if we see each other again, then you could show me some pictures."

Kai nodded. "It's a promise."

As the two teens exited the grand park, they bid each other farewells and hopes to see one another again soon. He watched as the girl parted with him, crossing the street and soon disappearing out of sight.

~

Ace dug her hand into a smaller pocket of her backpack before reemerging with a key. She inserted the key into the lock of her house's door, effectively unlocking it. Pushing it open, she entered the house, eyes looking around her abode, searching for two figures.

"Dad? Aunty? I'm home!" She announced before closing the door and locking it.

"Welcome home Ace! How was school today?"

The female smiled as she met her gaze with her Aunt's- a stout woman with fading black locks and a loving look in her hazel eyes. She was holding on to a cane for support.

"Very interesting. I met some people today."

The woman walked over to the girl and wrapped her arms around the younger girl briefly. "That's great! Are they males or females?"

Startled, the female replied, "Uhh, I met both genders."

Her Aunt pointed a finger at her. "Don't fall for the guys. You're too young to have a boyfriend." She then smirked and proceeded to walk away, waving her hand in a joking dismissive manner as she heard her niece cry out, "What?! Why would you assume I'd fall for them?!"

Grunting, Ace walked towards her room, placing down her backpack on a small counter by the corner of her room. She walked out and searched for her dad. Her eyes landed on a middle-aged man, his short black hair seemed to be uncombed. "Hey, Dad." She greeted softly.

A long moment of silence passed before her father seemed to snap out of his daze, however, his eyes still remained distant as he turned his attention on her. "Hi, Ace. Welcome home."