Chapter 2 - surge

I shudder with anger, shaking my head vigorously, trying to get rid of those awful thoughts. The rain gradually becomes stronger, wind faster, and I quicken my steps. Almost there. Almost there. I revert my eyes from the people I see sprawled out on the streets, probably killed by the person they once loved.
Oh yeah. You don't know what's happening, do you?
I don't even want to explain. It's too terrible. I don't want to face the truth. It'll slap me right across the face and bask in my pain, feeding off of it, getting stronger by the minute. But if I ignore it, it will attack me from behind and I'll never see it coming.
I turn a corner and start up the steps to my apartment, eager to escape the miserable cold. Although, my apartment would be freezing anyways.
Click. Squeak.
I open the door to find Jimin staring with anticipation at the television. I set my bag down on the table and collapse on the couch next to him, curious as to what he was so nervous about.
I gasp at the sight.
"...And seventeen injured. All affected by the virus have been restrained and are currently in quarantine. I'm Joanna Markus, and this is SBS News."
Jimin gulps.
"Oh my god," I murmur.
There has just been a surge in Busan. A surge is... like a terrorist attack, but related to the Salangjug virus. What is the Salangjug?
Well, this is the question that I've been trying to avoid. The Salangjug Virus is a disease, an illness, whatever you want to call it- that can only be cured if you have destroyed everything and everyone that you love. It spreads rapidly, and it's turned Earth into an apocalyptic nightmare. Nowhere is safe. A surge is when several people kill their loved ones because of the Salangjug all at once, all in the same place. There are surges almost every day, but this is one of the few that were insanely gigantic.
The disease spreads throughout your body and your mind slowly. Eventually your mindset just becomes toxic and you break, giving in to the virus and... destroying... everything. Your entire world.
The Salangjug is... evil. Terrible. Vicious.
And I have it.
He can never. Ever. Know.