Social Media

Okay so I was awake at 1 am last night/this morning just contemplating the weight of Instagram. We see perfectly captured pictures of people's lives. They are pictures that only capture a moment and usually that moment is perfectly orchestrated and posed. It's not necessarily "fake", but it's not really "real". 

I'm not saying social media is all bad at all! I love Instagram. I love taking pictures of people or myself and artfully sharing them. I love that Instagram is a great place to spread awareness on issues such as mental health problems, body positivity, sexism, etc. 
It's really important that we don't compare ourselves to people solely based on their appearance on social media.
Here's a thought, not everyone has their life fully put together! No one! 
No matter how great their life looks, how happy they seem - everyone is either struggling or has struggled or is going to struggle. 

Nothing is as it seems in those types of moments.

2 John 1:12 - 
"Though I have much to write to you, I would rather not use paper and ink. Instead I hope to come to you and talk face to face, so that our joy may be complete."

Ephesians 5:16 - 
"Making the best use of the time, because the days are evil."

Matthew 6:19-21
" 'Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also'."

Live in the moment.