Birthday

It's my birthday! Today I am 17 years old and as I was sitting here at my dining room table, I was wondering what kind of devotions I should start my day off with. I decided to write a devotional on the importance of birthdays or the importance of celebrating birthdays.

God created us in our mother's wombs', He knew us before we took our first breath, He knew our destiny even as we were just taking our first steps.
Birthdays are the celebration of a person's birth. So you're not just celebrating the day you were born, the miracle of life itself, but you're also celebrating God's devotion and love to make you exactly who you are today. He gifted you with the traits you have whether physical or personality. Isn't that a beautiful thought?!

Ephesians 2:10 ~ "For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

God created us with purpose. So imagine that, no one was born without meaning, no one was born without worth. Isn't that beautiful? And when we sacrifice our lives for Christ and ask Him into our heart, those plans and purposes He has given us are amplified. The plans God has given us, the troubles we've been through, the things we have done for the good of Christ weren't just some impromptu acts, they were planned. God had a meaning for everyone and everything under the sun before it (you) knew it's (your) source. 

Jeremiah 29:11 ~ "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'."

God created us with craft and time. He has made plans for us that are good. He wants us to prosper! He wants us to rise up! He wants us to live a good life and He has made each of us joyful and full lives. All we have to do is follow Him and then we will receive a prosperous life. This doesn't mean we won't go through troubles, we live on a sinful earth after all - but it means that we won't go through troubles alone.

Psalm 20:4 ~ "May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.'