Being A Christian in the Time of Materialism

In this day and age it is so easy to become consumed into the world's thought process of "I want that" and "I need this". So many of us have forgotten to be thankful for what we do. We have forgotten  just how blessed Americans are. 
We are so involved in the ever-moving generation of trends. For some, it is becoming our main focus. We are putting earthly and mortal things before God. 

I'm not saying that it's bad to want to look good. God wants us to appreciate the bodies He has given us. I'm also not saying that it's wrong to follow trends..... but it is when that become your main focus. 
Our priority above all things should ultimately be following God. 

We are so blessed. 
We are so, so, so beyond blessed and we hardly take time to appreciate what we already have before moving onto the next thing. 

Hebrews 13:5 -
"Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you'."

1 John 2:16- 
"For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world."

Luke 12:15 - 
"And he said to them, 'Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions'."

Matthew 6:19-21
" 'Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also'."