011 ─── pocket watch .

poison and blood
011  ───  pocket watch .

poison and blood011  ───  pocket watch

" family is forever "

anastasia's view

        𝔗he events of the night before replayed themselves through my mind, refusing to get out of my head. All I could see when I closed my eyes was Tanner's dead body lying on the ground, surrounded in a puddle of his own blood. And Damon standing over him, blood dripping from his mouth, his eyes black as night.

I walked down my stairs, my heels clomping on the wood. The shock of last night still reverberated through me this morning when I was choosing my clothes, influencing me to go with dark gold eyeshadow and thick eyelashes, with deep red lipstick. My leather jacket brought me comfort, paired with my leather pants and a deep purple halter top, the purple just as deep as my lipstick. This was about as close to mourning as I would get for Tanner. He may be dead, but I still didn't like him.

I turned and walked into the kitchen, my eyes landing on Jenna watching the television with rapt attention, on the edge of her seat. I frowned a little, as Jenna didn't like television, until I saw what she was watching; the daily news hosted by Logan Fell.

"Scum ball. Scum bucket," Jenna scowled, her eyes narrowed at Logan. I resisted the urge to laugh, deciding instead to press my lips together and snicker internally.

"You know he can't hear you, Jenna," I said, walking past my auburn-haired aunt and into the kitchen, immediately going for the coffee. Long story short, Jenna and Logan Fell used to date each other, but Jenna left town when Logan cheated on her. Scum bucket was warranted.

"It still makes me feel better," Jenna snapped, though I knew she wasn't snapping because of me. Logan always worked her up, even though she hadn't talked to him in years.

"If you glare at that television anymore you might break the screen," I laughed a little, pouring a cup of coffee. All I needed in the morning was a cup of caffeine, and I'd be ready to go.

Elena walked down the stairs just as Jenna muttered, "Scum bucket," again, shaking her head at Logan Fell, who had begun to talk about Tanner's death being the cause of a 'wild animal.' I knew the truth.

"Who are you talking to?" Elena asked, tilting her head to the side as she walked towards me. I handed her the coffee wordlessly, knowing what she was going after, before walking past her, taking a sip of coffee.

"Him," Jenna said, motioning towards the television. I snorted suddenly, shaking my head a little. I leaned against the wall, watching Logan Fell gesture to the bloodstain on the pavement.

"The news guy?" Elena asked, her expression furrowing in confusion. She took a sip of her coffee delicately, her nose furrowing like a rabbit.

"Also known as Logan 'Scum' Fell," I informed, nodding my head assuredly. It made Elena smirk a little and look down as Jenna spoke up again.