And she went on and on, but what caught my attention was the few things she had mentioned, and did as much as to have some kind of anger stuck in my throat. The last gulp of the liquor slid down but no longer had any effect, and to the sight of his hand moving down the line of her waist, the small of her back.. Hell, I lost all track of thoughts. The glass almost found its way against the wall.

But the fool surely wasn't as suicidal as to actually dare say something like that to her. Or to go as far as to slide his hand further down. He knew it would be either me or Noel to put a bullet through his head. Even Charles if he had had it.

I looked on the side where he was standing.. And he was glancing at me as well. Perhaps he was keeping an eye on me so that I wouldn't do exactly that. It seemed so, from the way he followed my empty glass, to the way he glanced back at the newly engaged couple.

"Dance with me," I had turned to Charlotte, and perhaps interrupted whatever she was saying because her lips were slightly parted. But then to my grin she responded with her own, taking my hand I had offered.

Charlotte was a pretty one, there was no doubt in that. It was perhaps the soft lines on her face that made her seem rather more adorable than anything.. Her eyes of firey amber were a bit downwards at the edges, but as wide and kind as those of a meek doe. And her whole face lighted up when she smiled.

I suppose it was the touch of fire she had in her hair that made her seem fragile and gentle too, but Charlotte Martin was all delicacy and manner when she slid her hand into mine and allowed me to lead her to the dance floor. It did make up for all the talking. Women like that could be easily quietened. A grin, a kiss or a touch on the right spot had her melting in my arms.

And it was what I did, in a way. I held her delicate body close to mine and lead her in the rhythm of the slow waltz, occasionally brushing my lips against her cheekbone or her brow, and hearing the slow sighs she released.

I did tell her a thing or two to have her laugh, but I seemed to had learned how to keep her rather quiet, and I needed her quiet because I was intending to overhear what that bastard Montgomery was saying to Kristin.

A simple glance was enough for me to see the very difference between the two young women. The one in my arms was all sweetness and vivacity, while Kristin.. She was now somewhat across, too focused on her fiancé's face and what he was saying to even follow the right steps to the waltz.

Her eyes were a smoky blue that night, the kinds that were titled upwards at the ends, even more with the way her lashes deliciously curled to the sides.. A flatter or a simple peek underneath their dark thickness, and she looked as if she were one of those tempting harem dancers.. Especially in that red that clung against her body in a matter that sent a wave of heat straight down my legs, and I cursed myself a thousand times for it.

Kristin was the very opposite of Charlotte, she truly was. Even though both of them were daughters of two of the most powerful Mafia lords in the city, those of innocence and purity, it was different effects their eyes sent, their smiles caused..

Kristin always chose the quietness over any conversation, but it was her eyes that danced, and the erotic curve over her lips that sent wicked thoughts to a man's mind. While I had Charlotte against my chest, I could hear Kristin's low sweet laugh that was one that only a true seductress could possess, one of a woman that was wanton and daring.. And I— Christ, I had too much to drink.

But I still lead Charlotte closer to the new love-birds, in a way so that my back was on Kristin. I wanted to hear, and also to perhaps also avoid the things she seemed to be so effortlessly doing to me. Perhaps it would be better if I'm not looking at her, I thought.