"Next thing I know..." I said preparing myself for what I was about to say. "He picked her up by the throat and threw her across the living room. I could tell she had internal bleeding."I paused before continuing. "He walked to the door but turned around and said 'I never fucking loved you' as he walked back to her pulling out his gun. He said. "I'm gonna show you you bitch" as he aimed his gun at my mom with his finger on the trigger. That's when I came up from behind him at hit him in the head with a cast iron skillet, killing him instantly as blood covered the floor. I picked up my mom and carried her to the couch. The ambulance didn't get there in time." I said before sobbing. I could tell Pop knew that I was replaying what had happened that day. I shot up "I promised her that I would go to France." I said. wiping away tears.

"Sofia, you know its not your fault." Pop said from behind me. My eyes clouded in anger. "Yes, it is. If I hadn't had made her come home and hour early. I knew she was there with my dad. I guess that I knew that mom wouldn't believe me unless she saw it herself. I'm so stupid!" I yelled. I quickly went to the fridge and got some beers. I needed to chill out. I walked back into the living room and sat down. "I guess I was tired of the rape and abuse." I said before I chugged my beer.

"What?" Pop asked. His voice cracking.

"Dad had taken me out and drugged me. He and his friends took me out to an alley and raped me and beat me and did unspeakable things to me." I said with a stone cold face.

"I don't believe that." Pop said.

"I have proof."I said pulling my hair back to reveal where he had hit me with a baseball bat. "The night I was raped, my dad took a baseball bat to my head." I said while lifting my shirt up to reveal where the had stabbed me and cut me and more. "They did this. My dad included." I said. "Y'all don't wanna see the rest of my scars. Trust me." I said. I looked up at Pop to see him going hysterical. "I'm going to kill him." he spat with anger.

"Too late. I already did remember?" I asked. "Pop, I'm fine. I'm still alive and that's what matters." I said as I gave him the biggest hug ever. "It still doesn't make it right." he said sniffling.

"I know, but I have you and that's all I need. I'm your strong and brave grand daughter." I said pulling him into another hug. After he calmed down, I continued with the story.

"After that night. I refused to give them satisfaction. So after they left. I crawled to the nearest gas station and called 911. I had to be flown out to Chicago for surgery and recovery. While I was in the hospital, I was approached by the Daggers. They told me that they'd help me find who ever did that to me and how they'd deal with them." I said. "So I thought 'what do I have to loose' as I joined the Daggers. Push comes to shove, they were the guys that beat me up and raped me. Dad was part of them. Dad was the leader. He was training me to be the next leader. When I killed him for mom's sake, news eventually got out and i quit the gang so they're after me for quitting and they're still trying to kill me for killing the leader." I said. The room was silent. "I ended up in Toledo somehow and got arrested. They brought me here after I was released from jail. Things have been like this since. I started going to school with my best friends and other best friend. I fit in. They respect my decisions as well as support me on them. Pop has met them. And I..." I let my voice trail off. I just look Thunder Bolt in the eyes before pulling my shit sleeve up revealing my snake tattoo. Proving that I was a Serpent.

Thunder Bolt's eyes widened at my tattoo. "So you're a Serpent?" he asked with disbelief.

"Yep." I said popping the 'p.'

"Oh by the way Pop." I said looking up at him. "Can I speak to you in private? It's about school." I said. Pop nodded and stood up. When we got to the kitchen I said, "I didn't pass school this year." I said with a sad look in my eyes.

"What didn't you pass?"he asked.

"I failed 12th grade." I said simply. "Alex, Kyler, Kaleb, and the rest failed too so I won't be alone."

He took a deep breathe before answering.

Uh Oh.

"YOU FAILED THIS YEAR?" he screamed.

I nodded and said, "I didn't stutter did I?"

"IT DOESN'T MATTER!!! YOU FAILED 12TH GRADE DAMMIT. AND I DON'T CARE IF THEY FAILED TOO!" he screamed as he slammed his hand on the counter.

"It was more because of my grades than it was my record." I said hoping that made things a little bit better.

"YOUR RECORD!!! YOUR RECORD IS TERRIBLE!" he screamed.

"Name one time I hit someone for no reason!" I finally yelled back.

"What about the time you beat the shit outta Tyson!" he yelled.

"He took the first swing." I replied coolly.

"What about Mason?" he yelled.

"He was messing with my best friend!" I screamed

"What about the others?" he asked.

"They were bullying kids, or took the first swing, or was pissed cuz the couldn't get their ways with me." I replied coolly. "Now, name a time I actually took the first swing cuz u went to get me from school and met each kids parents. You know they all started it." I said.

"Well... What about....what about...." he finally fell silent. "Fine, you never actually started the fights." he admitted.

"Exactly. I don't start fights. I only finish them." I said before walking back to the living room leaving Pop with his mouth hanging open.

"Now." I said turning back to Thunder Bolt. "They're going after the Serpents cuz they got beef with the Daggers. You of all people should know that. Top Dog."

"How do you know about that?"he questioned.

"Because I was the one who kept them from killing your ass years ago." I said. "They were at that house because we are both ex gang members that used to be the leaders. They are out for both of us and now that we're both in the Serpents and at the party, they thought that they could kill two birds with one stone." I said. "Now I suggest that you take me up on the offer about skipping town." I said. "We'll still be active in the gang but we'll come back once they go back to Toronto." I said.