Chapter 16 ~ Damn Rogues!

Allie

Ryder and I lazed around in bed all day, watching films, talking, kissing, whispering our "I love you"s to each other, and smiling every single time because it never got tiring. Ryder has just fallen asleep as I laid cuddled into his side, my head on his chest, his arms around me. His shallow breathing tickled the top of my head, and I smiled, giggling softly as I traced random patterns on his T-shirt covered chest. He now wore a deep green T-shirt and grey knee-length shorts. I still wore his T-shirt that was too big for me and my underwear with some fluffy bed socks. I watched the film we had previously been watching, but couldn't help thinking about Ryder telling me he loved me, over and over again between kisses, that made a large smile spread across my face.

I started to feel hungry so I slowly slid off the bed, kissing Ryder's forehead before strolling out to the kitchen. I grabbed an apple before perching on a stool at the kitchen island, watching the beautiful and mesmerizing sunset over the ocean. I smiled as strong arms surrounded my waist, the sunset orange light shining on both our faces.

"It's beautiful," I whispered.

He grinned, pecking my cheek. "Just like you."

I blushed, rolling my eyes before I kissed him lightly on the lips. "Miss me?" I taunted at him waking up.

He nodded and pouted like a scolded puppy. "I can't sleep without you now."

"I know, I can't without you. It's going to be terrible when we get back."

"I don't want to leave," he whispered, his lips moving against my cheek.

"I don't want to either," I replied, leaning back against his chest. "Can we just stay here for ever?" I pouted.

He laughed, "I wish, baby, I really do." He suddenly froze, his eyes blank like when he mind-links someone.

"Ryder?" I whispered. He growled lowly, scowling. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"There's a rogue attack happening at the pack house. I need to go," he rushed out.

My heart dropped, but I understood. "Just... just come back safe, okay?" I murmured, holding his face between my hands.

He nodded, and said softly, "I love you."

"I love you too." I pressed a quick, hard kiss to his lips, holding him close.

"I don't want to leave you, but I have to. I'll be back as soon as possible. Can you call someone to stay with you? To make sure you're safe?" He asked urgently.

I nodded, "I'll call Benny. Go."

He kissed me hard and passionately, then pulled away, rushing to the back door. I ran after him, watching as he shifted into his gorgeous wolf, and bolted away.

*Benny, can you come out here please? There's a rogue attack at the pack house and Ryder's gone, he asked if I could call you* I mind-linked Benny.

*Already on my way, baby doll* He rushed back.

*Thanks* I sighed with relief that I wasn't alone to worry my mind out about my mate. I paced for about five minutes before there was a tap on the sliding glass back door. I gasped in shock, but sighed in relief when I saw Benny's sandy brown wolf with black feet that looked like socks. I immediately opened the door and he came in, shifting then changing into some clothes he was carrying in a bag around his ankle as I turned away.

"Hey, Allie," he smiled, surrounding me in his comforting arms when he'd gotten dressed. "How're you doing?"

"Good until this happened," I chuckled humourlessly into his chest before pulling back.