Chapter 2 ~ R U Mine?

Allie

I trawled my way down to Science, grumbling under my breath at how much I hated this class. My teacher, Ms Carlson absolutely hates me because I fall asleep in her class, don't take any notes or do any work but still get good grades and she despises it. Ms Carlson is a cranky old woman in her late sixties with grey hair and glasses that sit on the end of her nose. She loves to fuss all the smart kids, but hates that I am actually one of them.

I slid into my seat at the back of the classroom, resting my head on my backpack on the desk. Ms Carlson started the class as I shut my eyes, and I think I drifted off because I couldn't remember anything before I heard someone shouting in my ear, rudely awakening me. "Miss Maxwell, wake up!" The teacher yelled in my ear, and I groaned, reluctantly opened my eyes.

"What?" I grumbled, making my classmates chuckle, resulting in the kind Ms Carlson to scowl at them all.

"Wake up and go down to the principal's office!" She continued to shout right in my ear. Fuck, all the gigs have screwed my ears up, and this just isn't helping. I groaned as I stretched, then grabbed my bag off the desk as I jumped up off the stool.

"I thought you'd never let me go!" I cheered as I nearly skipped out of class.

"Miss Maxwell, get back in here!" She shouted. The class were roaring with laughter, clutching their stomachs.

"Sorry, just following orders, ma'am!" I shouted back and skipped through the school.

Ryder

Jumping out of my car, I grabbed my backpack and started up towards the school. Ugh, I still had a hangover from Saturday, my eighteenth birthday party. The eighteenth birthday is a big thing in the Lycan world as it meant we can find out mates and positions of hierarchy can change, such as my soon-to-be promotion to Alpha once my father steps down and I'll be Alpha Ryder Mattson. As I approached the school entrance, a sudden scent met my senses, halting me in my stride as I tried to figure out what it was and where it was coming from. The enticing scent of vanilla, lavender and fresh pine overwhelmed me, and led me to someone sat on a wall, watching the world pass them by. It was a girl, my age, shoulder length brunette hair that hung around her petite face. My wolf perked up as soon as my eyes fell on her, making me frown.

MINE! Xavier, my wolf, growled at me, and suddenly everything clicked.

"Mate," I growled lowly. She was a she-wolf, I could tell by her scent, but she wasn't in my pack. How can she be on our land if she's not in my pack? She's not a rogue, she smells too good for a rogue. As I got closer, she suddenly turned around, either hearing or sensing me and scrambled up, slinging her backpack over her shoulder.

"Mine," a low growl escaped my lips. Then, she bolted.

Allie

Sat on a wall outside the school, I watched as the world passed me by, my head overwhelmed with all the scheduling with the band and upcoming gigs. I wish we didn't have to hide and run away all the time but it was safer for us all that we did. Abruptly, a scent filled my senses, a scent of mint, vanilla and aftershave that piqued my wolf's interest.

Mine! Peyton, my wolf, shouted at me. Quickly turning around, I saw someone I never expected behind me. Alpha Blake Mattson's son. Soon-to-be Alpha whatever-his-name Mattson. The soon-to-be Alpha is our mate. My heart began to race at the thought of our mate so close as I stumbled up off the wall, throwing my bag over my shoulder. His messy black hair indicated he had just literally fallen out of bed, his green eyes alive, his wolf close behind them.

"MINE!" He growled, and that was it, I bolted...