A Song Called Always Mates

Chapter 1

Allie

Running offstage, I grinned excitedly as I ran a hand through my messy brunette hair before handing my precious guitar to the roadies. My name is Allie Hawkins, and I am the lead singer and guitarist of the world famous band, The Freaks. Glancing to my side, I grinned at Hallie Reynolds, our incredible bassist, who screamed excitedly with the adrenaline that our gigs cause, her shaggy black hair hanging around her face, her hazel brown eyes sparkling. She winked at me before running and pouncing on Benny Wall's back, shouting in his ear. Benny laughed at our crazy best friend, his fawny brown hair damp with sweat through the exertion of drumming for three hours, while his grass green eyes squinted with humour at Hallie. Bouncing up to Danny Devine's side, I nudged his shoulder with mine, making him chuckle as he handed his guitar to another roadie, his chocolate brunette hair a sweaty mess, almost falling in his dark blue eyes. To think, a few years ago four best friends in England decided to create a band for fun, without realising what it would lead to; world infamy and incredible record deals at the young age of seventeen, almost eighteen. We met when we were all young when I joined their local pack, and we have been best friends ever since, travelling the world as famous musicians. 

"I will never get tired of this feeling," I sighed happily, snatching a towel up to wipe the sweat from my forehead. 

"That was incredible," Benny grinned as we all gathered together, each grabbing bottles of water to chug. 

"Guys, you have to come and sign stuff," our manager, Derek, said as he appeared beside us, his eyes looking sympathetic as he didn't want to ruin our mood with stupid official business like this. We all groaned under our breaths but headed out to the meeting area, sitting down at a long table as we spotted fans screaming and waiting excitedly for us. Danny flashed the female fans a handsome grin making them swoon, so I rolled my eyes, elbowing him in the ribs. The security began letting people forward and the worst part of tonight started. 

***

Groaning, I slung my backpack over my shoulder, slamming the car door shut. "Why do we have to go to school again? Please remind me!" I groaned, squinting at the bright sun through my sunglasses. 

"Because we're seventeen, we still need to go to school," Danny mumbled, reciting what our manager, Derek, had told us hundreds of times.

I shot a glare at Danny, "you know that's bullshit." We trudged up the path around the school, and sat on our regular bench, where nobody bothers us. Nobody dare talk to us because everyone thinks we're weirdos that keep to ourselves. But it's only a mask, so nobody finds out who we are, because once people find out it's us, shit hits the fan. I wear fake glasses, and when not touring, we all dye our hair different colours and Hallie and I tend to use makeup to help throw off any suspicion and change our looks. Danny and Benny use hats and glasses as well as longer hair to hide themselves and surprisingly this shitty effort has worked for the last few years. We also use aliases at school, I go by Maddie; Hallie is Sadie; Danny is Maverick; Benny is Vinnie. Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce to you, The Freaks. Teens with many names, who despite living in the spotlight, also hide in the shadows.