Chapter 9 ~ Jealousy

Chapter 9 ~ Jealously

~Allie~

Mumbling softly as I awoke, I shuffled slightly, just to realise two strong arms were wrapped securely around my waist. I smiled as I realised it was Ryder, who was spooning me adorably while still asleep. Carefully rolling over, I traced my eyes over his handsome features; from his strong, chiselled jaw to his slightly crooked nose and dark eyelashes resting upon his cheekbones, before moving my attention back down to his slightly parted lips, making me think of all the times those lips had been pressed against my own. Glancing over his bare shoulder, I read the alarm clock, groaning softly as I saw that it read: 8:04 AM. Nestling back underneath his chin, I wrapped myself into his warmth, inhaling his comforting scent. A soft groan alerted me that my mate had awoken, as well as his arms tightening around my waist slightly.

"Mmm, why're you up so early, baby?" He drawled out tiredly, making me mentally awe at how adorable my big Alpha was.

I giggled softly as I lifted my head to face him, watching with amusement as he fought to open his heavy eyelids. "Because I'm not as lazy as you," I teased, watching as his eyes finally opened, to reveal his stunning emerald irises gazing back at me.

He smirked lazily, "I'm not lazy, I just prefer to cuddle in bed with my mate than get up for school."

"Oh, so the big, bad Alpha likes to cuddle, hm?" I taunted.

He scowled playfully, "that doesn't leave this room."

I smirked, "of course not." He smiled but growled jokingly, rolling on top of me. I giggled, wrapping my arms around his neck. "You know, the band are going to kill me for not telling them where I've been," I mumbled, scowling at the thought of having to face them.

"You know, we can just skip," Ryder smirked, raising an eyebrow suggestively.

"No, that'll make people think something's going on between us."

"Isn't there?" He smirked.

I sighed a laugh, "yes, but do you really want people to know yet?"

He shrugged, "I want people to know you're mine."

I smiled, "I understand that, but don't you think people will think it's weird. Plus, it'll draw more attention to me and the band. Ryder, you've got to understand, next to you, the band is the most important thing to me, I can't put them in danger."

He nodded, "I understand, but, you're still mine!" He grinned and I laughed, my hands on his jaw, pulling him down for a kiss.

***

After making out for half an hour, we finally got up, throwing some clothes on, and walking downstairs, hand in hand, to the kitchen. I walked slightly behind Ryder, because I was scared we would run into anyone. Not because they would deduce that we were together, but because I hardly have contact with anyone except necessary.

"Hey, Allie, don't worry, baby," Ryder whispered, taking my face between his large comforting hands.

"It's just... I don't come into contact with a lot of people, I'm nervous," I replied quietly.

"Don't worry about it. Everyone has already left, it's just us and some others."

I sighed but nodded, wrapping my arms around his waist. He led me into the kitchen, where Alpha Blake sat at the island, drinking a cup of black coffee, and a small, thin older woman was lecturing him.

"Hey, Dad," Ryder greeted lazily, yawning as he dragged me further into the kitchen than the doorway. "Hello, Grandmother," he said in shock as he probably hadn't seen her.