Chapter 12 ~ The 'Small' Break

Ryder

I yawned as I opened my eyes, then groaned as the bright morning sun shone in my eyes. I turned onto my side, my front against my sexy little mate's back. She cuddled back into my chest in her sleep, nuzzling her head into the pillow. She had her knees up and her legs below her, as my arms wrapped securely around her slim waist. Allie only wore her underwear, and one of my T-shirts that reached mid-thigh on her. Even though Nick had already dropped us some clothes off, she still wanted to sleep in my clothes, which I thought was equally cute and hot.

I was so happy to finally have my mate, and to have her in my arms. I couldn't wish for a better mate, and I'm so happy that I can live out the rest of my life with this beautiful woman, and have pups with her.

Allie bundled herself more into a ball, resting back against my chest, taking in the heat from my bare chest as I only wore some boxers. I pulled her to me tighter, kissing the back of her head, our hands clasped together in front of her.

She sighed out softly, feeling comfortable and secure in my arms. I smiled, kissing her cheek tenderly before I fell back to sleep.

***

I awoke again, but frowned when I didn't feel a certain small body against mine. I opened my eyes, sitting up, glancing around the room, and spotted the empty bed next to me. My heart fell into my stomach, then my ears pricked when I heard beautiful, and familiar singing coming from the bathroom. I shuffled out of bed, and went to the locked bathroom door, so I could hear Allie singing clearly.

"Love of mine, some day you will die

But I'll be close behind

I'll follow you into the dark

No blinding light or tunnels to gates of white

Just our hands clasped so tight

Waiting for the hint of a spark

If Heaven and Hell decide

That they both are satisfied

Illuminate the "No"'s on their vacancy signs

If there's no one beside you

When your soul embarks

Then I'll follow you into the dark"

I smiled, and listened to my mate singing one of my favourite songs, I Will Follow You Into The Dark by Death Cab For Cutie. Her voice sounded so soft and angelic, different from some songs the band do. I climbed back into bed, laying my hands behind my head as I listened to her amazing singing. Suddenly, her singing stopped as she turned to shower off, and climbed out. She unlocked the door, stepping out. In only a towel. I smirked as I saw her jump, clutching the towel-that only fell to underneath her cute ass- closer to her naked body.

"Ryder," she gasped breathlessly. My smirk widened when my horny wolf imagined her saying that when-

"Do you ever stop having dirty thoughts?" She scowled.

I chuckled, and shrugged. "I can't help having dirty thoughts when you're in only a towel, that hardly covers your-"

She rolled her eyes, cutting me off, "stop it."

I widened my eyes innocently, "stop what?"

She rolled her eyes again, turning to her drawer that we had filled with her clothes, and pulled out some things I couldn't see. "Is it mostly your wolf?" She asked, her back turned to me. She was slightly bent over to the drawer, and I begged her to bend more so I could see her ass. "Or just you?" She straightened up, and turned to me. I quickly flickered my eyes up to her face, and shrugged once again.

"Half me, half my wolf. With you, my wolf is just begging me to mate you, as I am resisting, but not enough to stop myself from kissing you senseless."

A cute light blush spread across her cheeks as she pulled some underwear on underneath the towel so I couldn't unfortunately see them. She pulled on a black skater skirt, and a Sleeping With Sirens band shirt that she tucked into the skirt.

"Well, I can tell you can't resist yourself enough then," she giggled as she climbed onto the bed next to me.

I chuckled, wrapping my arms around her waist, pulling her on top of me. She straddled my waist, her hands buried in my hair as her fingers threaded into the dark strands. I ran my hands up her legs, slowly and teasingly trailing them up her bare thighs, pulling her skirt up with them. I suddenly stopped when I felt a weird scar-like puckering of her soft creamy skin. I tugged her skirt up a little more, and saw a white scar on the top of her left thigh that trailed to her inner thigh. I gently brushed my thumb over it, frowning.

I looked up at Allie, to see her eyes wide as she breathed heavily through parted lips.

"What's this?" I asked softly.

She shook her head, "it's nothing. Just from when I was little." I frowned, knowing she was lying to me, but decided not to push it. She'd tell me in her own time. I sat up, leaning my forehead against her's.

"If something was bothering you, you'd tell me, right?" I whispered, looking into her eyes.

She nodded, "of course, Ryder. I'll tell you how I got it soon, but not now, is that alright?"

I nodded immediately, "of course. Allie, tell me whenever you're ready, I'll not pressure you into telling me, I know you'll tell me when you're ready."

She smiled and pecked my lips, "thank you."

I smiled, weaving my hands into her hair and pulling her face forward to meet mine. She pecked my lips teasingly, then pulled back, climbing off me.

"C'mon lazy ass!" She called over her shoulder as she strolled from our bedroom, her hips swaying. "Get up!"

I laughed, sliding out of bed, and quickly got a shower. Afterwards, I pulled on some boxers, navy blue knee length shorts and a pale washed blue T-shirt. I strolled out, and smelt something gorgeous in the kitchen, and not just my mate's amazing mouthwatering scent. I walked in curiously, and saw Allie stood cooking something at the gas cooker. I stepped up behind her, and wrapped my arms around her waist, kissing her temple.

"What're you making?" I smiled, brushing my lips against her cheek.

"Bacon and eggs. Sit," she giggled, and I smirked at her demand, sitting on one of the stools at the kitchen island. She placed two plates of eggs and bacon on the table, then sat next to me as we started eating.

"Do you think the school have noticed that we're missing?" She asked.

I pondered it for a moment, then tipped a shoulder, "probably. Everyone knows if I'm in school or not, it'll spread fast."

"What about me?" She whispered, and I looked up at her, dropping my knife and fork, wrapping an arm around her.

"Allie, I don't care if people suspect anything, and I'm sorry that that's not what you want, but you're my mate, I want everyone to know you're mine."

She sighed, "I want to be known as yours too, Ryder, but it is so important that this doesn't get out. I don't want to risk it again. I've already had to move eight times because he's found my location. Also, even if you are an Alpha, and strong, I don't want you to get hurt. It'll kill me if you're hurt, and-and I'm to blame."

"Baby," I said, and turned her to face me, holding her face between my hands, making her look into my eyes. "I will protect you with my life. You are my mate, my always and forever. My wife, the mother of my pups, and the only woman that will stand by my side, command my pack with me, and stay with me forever. If this bastard dares to threaten you, I'll kill him. He's a fucking psychotic bastard, who can't leave the past alone. I'm looking to the future, sitting with you in the back garden, as we watch out pups run around and grow up. I'm damned if I'm going to let him take all that away from me." I growled, crushing my lips to hers.

Hey everyone!! Vote and comment please!! Also, I'm going on holiday next week, and I may or may not have wifi. If I do, I will try my hardest to update, but I'm not sure I will be able to. I will try and update a few chapters this week, not just on this book, but some of my others.

Thank you!! Hasta luego!!