—-Two days ago

I entered the hospital room where my dad has been laying for months.I made my way to his bed and hopped in.

“Daddy,I know it’s been awhile that I haven’t visited you,and I guess that’s kind of selfish.-

-Present day

The presenter announced my name and the crowd cheered as I made my way in the ring.I smiled and waved before giving them a little show,doing some cartwheels,backflips and such.

—Two days ago

“I’ve been so engrossed in my personal life that I forgot to come and for that I’m so sorry.The thing is we have new neighbors now.Remember Miss.Williams,that old lady who wouldn’t look after her gran kids,well she died and they sold her house,now we have  

Mrs.Drew living next to us with her two boys one is quite freaky and the other is an arrogant,annoying,stubborn ,completely irritating...And I use to hate him.-

Present day

The hit was announced and I couldn’t help but feel like I’ve seen him already.He stared at me as we shook hands.

The whistle was blown and we started to circle around each other,both of us observing the other,trying to guess which one would make the first move and what would it be,it was as if we had transformed ourselves into lions,dancing around each other fighting for the same prey.Victory.Adrenaline rushing through our entire body awakening every single muscles.

Two days ago

“And then I found myself not being able to despise him anymore.In the middle of this chaos, love had conquered and I was helpless to its victory.”I wiped a tear from my cheek as I continued.

“We then begin to date,I thought we understood and respected each other’s choices.But How could we be together if he doesn’t understand mine.”I lower my head on my father’s chest listening to his slow heartbeat.

“I wish you could guide me again,tell me what to do.Tell me that everything is going to be okay.But you can’t.”I close my eyes as I sigh.

Present day

He was the one to make the first move,swinging his fist directly into my stomach,but luckily I caught it and swung mine to the side of his head.

*

*

I received a final blow before falling on the mat.I had lost.I could no longer get up,I  failed.

*

 *An hour later.*

I drove myself home,my entire body hurting.I walk up the porch’s stairs my shoulders slacking.

“Hey Wolf.”I hear someone shout.

I turn around. “Not now Eric.”

“Hey I came in peace.”He says approaching me. “I saw you fight today,quite surprising I must say.I was totally rooting for you.”

“Did you come to antagonize me because if that’s it you better-“

No,no,no.I honestly thought you were really great and I love a girl who can kick butts.”He smiles crookedly.

I frown. “Really?”

“Yeah.Um that’s all I wanted to say, I should probably leave you alone now.” He starts to back away.

I sigh as I prepare myself to regret what I’m about to say.

“Hey,um,you can come in if you want to.”I fidget with the hem of my shirt.

“Are you sure?” He asked uncertainly. 

“No,but the invitation still stands.”I smirk slightly.

“Then don’t mind if I do.”He smiles before passing by me and flicking my nose.

I protested slapping his bum.

“Ouch! This is sexual assault you know.”

“Oh shut up.”I smile.It was nice to finally smile.I needed it.

*****

Jace’s P.O.V

“A,I’m so sorry,I should’ve let you explain yourself.And I shouldn’t have been so protective.Argh!That’s not good.” I ran a hand through my hair while pacing in front of my front door.  “Okay,let me start again.A,I love you,you know I do,that’s why I’m so protective over you.So you should understand me when I say no I-“

“That’s not going to cut it sweetie.”I hear my mom comment from the couch.

“Mom can you go back to your movie please.”I say exasperatedly.

“Alright but don’t come crying to me when she doesn’t forgive you.”My mom turns around and continue eating her popcorn.

I shake my head returning back to my speech.

“I - I can’t do it.”I ruffle my hair frustrated.

“Honey just speak from the heart,don’t bother with the speeches,it never works unless you are pronouncing your vows.You better write it first because if it’s not great Oh-“

“Okay mom thank you I’m going to leave now.”

“I remember your father and I’s wedding,he forgot his words,I was so mad at him,I just knew we wouldn’t last.He never got home on time,he -”

“Leaving now.”I got out as soon as I could before she starts talking about old times.

I had gathered flowers from our backyard,white roses and was ready to make amends.But I stopped right on track as I saw Eric  and A talking,they were smiling at each other as she invites him to come in.I saw him flick her nose and my hand automatically contracted into a fist before slowly  relaxing as I saw her return the affection.

I felt the flowers drop to the floor as I stood there ,rigid.Hurt.