focus

It was way past midnight when Bri finally left the studio. She and Ashley hadn't done much work, but they did play a few rounds of twenty questions to get to know each other more personally. 

Bri found out John had bragged so much about her that Ashley was very surprised when Bri told her this was her first real job in a recording studio.

Ashley offered to take Bri to a local diner to buy some food for the wasted time, but Bri was beyond exhausted. She was used to going to bed around ten, since the men in the household apparently weren't on speaking terms. All she wanted to do was strip out of her jeans and jump in bed.

"I'll see you next time, partner." Ashley pretended to tip her hat, making Bri chuckle and jump into her car. 

As a way of being polite, Bri had also turned her phone off as soon as she got inside the studio's building. She wanted to seem professional and did not want a single distraction. When she went to plug it into the aux cord, it started blowing up.

Five messages from Sebastian.

Three missed calls from Sebastian.

Eight messages from Chris.

Four missed calls from Chris.

sebby

what do you want for dinner? (3:45 pm)

you're probably still in your interview, but I got home early.. and I can't cook (3:57 pm)

BRI PLEASE I am a growing boy I need some nutrients (4:14 pm)

should I microwave this lasagna??? (4:30 pm)

ok I managed to burn half and leave half uncooked, so I'll wait until you get home and we can go out (5:02 pm)

johnny america 

just got home and sebastian burnt something so I'm ordering pizza for dinner (5:30 pm)

are you in your interview? I thought it started at 1:30?? (5:35 pm)

could you at least answer me.... (5:45 pm)

bri wtf I know you're mad at me, but at least tell me where you are (5:58 pm)

I ordered pineapple pizza and you aren't even home. who am i? (6:12 pm)

you are really worrying me, please let me know if you are safe sweetheart (7:30 pm)

bri you're gonna get an ass whooping if you don't check in I swear to god (9:00 pm)

I am going to bed and I am very mad at you. please come wake me up when you get home though, ily baby bri (10:30 pm)

Bri sighed and began driving back to Chris' house. She had no idea why he and Sebastian were angry with each other, but she wanted them to grow up and talk it out. Maybe this new job would force them to be alone with each other and they would have to solve their problems on their own.

She pulled into the driveway, lugging her computer bag up the steps. Bri had taken a few notepads and pens from John's office and couldn't wait to start writing soon. 

When she unlocked  the door, Bri was met with darkness. The only light on was the one above the stove, which Chris usually turned on if they left for a late dinner or if he knew someone would be home later than normal. 

Bri placed her bags on the counter and sighed. There was a note already  on the counter where she sat her bag telling her that pizza with "the devil's fruit" was in the fridge for her. Typical Chris.