"Not really, this one is pretty young so I probably won't have any trouble trying to train it."

"Well just in case, wear those good bracers to avoid getting bitten."

"Alright, just go to the arena I'll be there in a bit."

Once he left the house, Eret made his way to the arena where the rest of the Vikings were headed. He nodded at his friends and their children before making his way over to the spot where the chief and his family mostly sat with their guests.

"Very packed today, isn't it?" Mala commented as Eret sat himself between her and his wife.

"Very, it's just as packed as it was when River brought in a Skrill to claim as her own dragon." Eret replied as they heard the horns sound and Hiccup got up from his seat to walk over to a large device that looked like horn blown for dragon racing.

"I'd like to thank you all for coming out today, especially the Berserkers and the Defenders of the Wing." Hiccup said, the horn amplifying his voice. "It is an honor to see my sister's son take on the mantle of a dragon rider, just as many other teens had done before him. And I am quite excited to see what dragon he plans to train to continue his parents legacy- oh and there he is!" At that moment, Kris emerged from the entrance to the arena, earning a loud cheer from his family and friends and a few other villagers.

"Release the dragon!" Hiccup yelled. Snotlout and Fishlegs, who were over by the lever quickly pulled it back to open one of the cages. A loud growl came from the opened and dark cage before a streak out white pounced right out and bolted for Kris.

"Did you just let him catch a Snow Wraith?!" Valka exclaimed, looking to the twins.

"Hey, he requested it and we helped him catch it." Tuffnut replied bluntly, as if that was supposed to explain everything.

"MY GRANDSON IS GOING TO DIE!"

"His mom doesn't think so." Ruffnut pointed out, gesturing to Skyla who was watching her son scamper back and forth to avoid getting fired at by his own dragon. "He's just as agile as his father."

"This doesn't feel safe." Astrid muttered. "I know I had insane ideas at his age, but taking on a Strike class dragon that shoots multiple shots that are very cold? Not one of them."

"Come on Kris!" Skyla yelled, leaping to her feet and momentarily forgetting she was pregnant. "Call it down!"

"I'm trying!" Kris yelled back as he doged another blast.

Skyla narrowed her eyes and focused on the dragon chasing her son. 'Stpp trying to kill my son, you dare kill the offspring of the Bewilderbeast?' The Wraith immediately stopped chasing Kris and skidded to a stop, looking at the child in puzzlement. Kris, who had fallen to the floor, immediately stood up and slowly approached the dragon and held his hand out to it. The Snow Wraith sniffed his palm before pressing it's snout against it. Skyla relaxed before sitting back down as the crowd cheered.

"You talked to it, didn't you." Eret said softly, startling her a bit.

"Well- it needed to know who's child it was going to kill." Skyla replied and nodded at their son, who was being nuzzled by his new friend. "No dragon should ever harm the offspring of the Bewilderbeast, it's basically harming their future leader."

"Still...this feels like cheating."

"It's not! I just...hurried it along."

Eret looked at his wife skeptically before shrugging and picking up Erette to sit on his shoulders. "Come on, let's go congratulate our son."

Kris was already mobbed by various Vikings, being told his was the first Viking to ever tame a Snow Wraith and prove they're trainable. Eret managed to push some aside to let his wife and daughters through, giving them the chance to swarm their brother and get a look at his new dragon.

"How do you feel?" Eret asked his son.

"Like I almost died." Kris responded, earning a laugh from some of the other Vikings. A hand clapped him on the shoulder and he whirled around with a loud yelp to see who it was and immediatly began blushing wildly when he realized who was behind him.

"Nice going Eretson, you managed not to get yourself killed today." Dagra stated and gave him a grin. "And I didn't even need to run in to save you either."

"Save your son before he embarrasses himself." Skyla hissed, elbowing her husband. But it seemed like the Snow Wraith had the exact same idea and pushed it's head between Dagra and Kris, giving a loud crooning .

"This dragon might as well be his wingman." Eret joked as the princess' attention shifted from the blushing teen to the dragon he recently tamed.

"Then let's go before we embarrass him." Nanna muttered, tugging at her mother's hand. "Kris needs to work on his flirting skills."

"But he's only thirteen." Ursa pointed out as the family stated to walk back home.

"Still, he has to. One of these days some muscled teen is going to show up and attempt to woo her while our poor brother stands back watching his childhood crush and savior get swept off her feet and runs off with some arse who doesn't deserve her."

"Mummy what's an arse?"

"Nanna Astra Eretsdotter!"

"Oops..."