Princess

A pre-reveal situation... based on the above image edit by babyuniversitymuffinflower on tumblr

Adrien usually wasn’t one to lose things… except for that one time that he lost his phone during fencing practice. Or when he lost his ring momentarily when he got locked in that fridge during Lady Wifi…. Okay, you know what, maybe Adrien was a little reckless with his things, but that’s besides the point.

“You lost your phone?” Nino asked, as he, Alya, and Marinette followed him back to the classroom.

“Yeah, I had it in my bag, but now it’s not there.” Adrien said, adjusting his bag on his shoulder.

As soon as he finished saying that, Alya’s head snapped to Marinette, who rose her hands up defensively and mouthed an ‘I swear I didn’t do it this time’. This time.

“I remember putting it in my bag before break, but maybe with that akuma attack, it got knocked out of my bag or something.” Adrien kinda ran out of the classroom without his bag, so the possibility of that happening was likely.

“What if we split up and search the classroom?” Alya suggested. “The more eyes we have around, the quicker we find it.”

They nodded and split up around the classroom. They searched under every table and behind every chair, but they couldn’t find it.

“Are you sure you even brought it in the first place, bro?” Nino asked as Adrien searched through his bag again.

“Yeah, I did because I had a call with my father earlier.” Adrien mumbled.

“Have we tried calling it?” Alya questioned.

Adrien looked up at Alya. “Would you mind calling for me?” He asked with a sheepish smile.

“I got it!”  Marinette called from the back of the classroom. She pulled out her phone from her purse and dialed Adrien’s number.

The four of them sat in silence as the call connected. Once it did, Adrien’s ringtone was going off, closer to Professor Bustier’s desk.

“I got it,” Nino was the one who was closer to Professor Bustier’s desk, so he went around her desk and found it below the desk. Alya started to come down the aisle of desks and Nino picked up the phone, looking at the caller idea. When he connected the dots, he gasped and looked to Alya. “Alya!” He motioned her over frantically.

Alya increased her pace as she got closer to the table, leaning over as Nino showed her what was on the screen. She read what was on the screen and a smile spread across her face.

Adrien and Marinette came closer, Adrien thanked her for helping him out. Marinette wasn’t a blushing mess anymore and Adrien felt like their friendship was actually developing.

At least until now.

“So, since when do you have Marinette's name saved under ‘Princess', huh?” Alya sang.

Adrien froze and Marinette flushed and stammered.

“Y-You have me saved as what?” Marinette almost screamed.

“Yeah, look!” Alya went to the missed calls and Marinette's picture was at the top of his list, the name ‘Princess' saved as her contact name.

They all turned to Adrien, who was blushed and laughing nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. “Ah, well, you see, I was planning on putting nicknames for everyone on my phone! A-And, and since I just got Marinette's number, I decided to start with her first.”

Nino snorted lightly and shared a knowing glance with Alya. “Likely story.”

“And what do you think of this, Princess?” Alya sang with a smug smile.

Marinette stammered for words before she crossed her arms and huffed. “Don't call me ‘princess'!” She said, facing another direction. “The only person that calls me ‘princess' is Chaaaaaaaaa…” Her voice trailed off and she looked over at Adrien.

Wait. There's only one person who calls her by that name. And even though she's told him many, many times to not call her that way, he still did. And that was Chat Noir.

Marinette's eyes went to Adrien's left hand, where a silver ring shimmered slightly in the sunshine filtering into the room.

And then her gaze went up to his green one, that held a lot of familiarity and then, it kicked in.

“Ohhhhhhhhhh my god…”

“Marinette,” Adrien started carefully.

“Oh. My. God?”

“Let me explain,”

“Ohmygod, Adrien!” Marinette exclaimed.

He… He! He! He was Chat Noir! He was the one gallivanting the Parisian skies, risking his life for her like an idiot, and he… he!

Marinette didn’t know whether to scream, or freak out (in a good way or bad way), but she left the classroom, still exclaiming her surprise as Adrien chased after her, leaving a very confused Alya and Nino in the dust.