Black light

I open my eyes. It's cold and there's a hazy look to everything, I outstretch my arm, to for find nothing but more cold. Of course Yanna got up early, she probably had a nightmare. Don't we all. Black light, starts tonight. Now black light, is a day; where the whole city is purified, but even a clean world comes with a cost. And it's a steep one that price, it's the price of life.

     We walk through the city to the pound. A cold place with a mesh fence to hold us out, and the speakers in. I used to ask mom why we need fences in a perfect city, I learned not to ask questions anymore.

      Whispers start and soon there's a nice buzz of young voices speaking.
"Why isn't Nancy ever here?" Yanna asks. "I know, Pure people don't ask questions, but I just want to know."

      She was right, Pures don't ask questions, that shows that they have a creative mind. One that is different. A creative mind is a unorganized mined. One that may change. A creative mind will become violent faster, in a bad situation. That's what we are taught in school.

        Nancy isn't here because she doesn't need to hear, the speech of ease again, miss Nancy is to old to worry about it. "And next time, could you ask me a question even louder so everyone can hear!"

"Sorry I didn't mean to say it so loud I just couldn't stop myself."  Yanna said with regret.

       Yanna seemed disappointed in her own behaviour, sad even. I need to be careful because, Yanna isn't pure and I have a feeling she never will be.

.n